Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

RICOH MP C4000 - MP C2800

How do you modify a Ricoh black drum 2232244 to be used in place of a color drum?

Thanks in Advance

freddyheady

Re: RICOH MP C4000 - MP C2800

you need to file the plug on the rear of the unit, the plug has an angle cut on one side, use a file to shave it down so you have an angle on both sides. if you dont take enough off you will get a pcu unit not set correctly error.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freddyheady View Post
    if you dont take enough off you will get a pcu unit not set correctly error.
    That is best case scenario. You can get yourself in a world of shit if that plug is not filed enough.

Just a warning. Get it right the first time.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

freddyheady

I have never found myself in a "world of shit", have done this probably 30+ times

Quote Originally Posted by freddyheady View Post
    I have never found myself in a "world of shit", have done this probably 30+ times
    Obviously never had the female connector in the rear of the machine get smashed up.

I've swapped a ton of these units, and yes, it has only happened once, but it happened. Try explaining to a customer that their machine just requires a new drum and they will be up and running in 20 mins, then you smash the connector and have to explain they wont be able to use the machine until you can order the broken bits in.

What do I care anyway, a warning is just that.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Obviously never had the female connector in the rear of the machine get smashed up.

I've swapped a ton of these units, and yes, it has only happened once, but it happened. Try explaining to a customer that their machine just requires a new drum and they will be up and running in 20 mins, then you smash the connector and have to explain they wont be able to use the machine until you can order the broken bits in.

What do I care anyway, a warning is just that.
    Roger that last transmission! and by "broken bits" he means the whole rear frame! Been there, done that! But on the plus side it gave me a female jack to measure my future mods with.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

I have used a soldering iron for melting the angle and getting that pin out. Cleaned up the edges with my pocket knife and didn't have to disturb the customer with the filing sounds, and I keep the tip cleaned to keep the melting plastic smell to a minimum.

eddz

i do that all the time... no problem!!!

Technician

the header say MPC4000 but the part number you are asking is for the previous model. If you meant the MPC4000 the part number is D0292252 and just filing the plug will not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Roger that last transmission! and by "broken bits" he means the whole rear frame! Been there, done that! But on the plus side it gave me a female jack to measure my future mods with.
    Yes indeed, our broken drive assembly stands tall in our workshop hall of SHAME.