Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What do you know about the Ricoh 3500/4500? =P

hello, first excuse my English, I have little participation in the forum because I work only to printers lexmark / hp monochrome, I would like to know if you get technical bulletins on this model ricoh, thank you!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: What do you know about the Ricoh 3500/4500? =P

MP or MPC3500/4500? Completely different machines. With regard to technical bulletins, there's a couple of hundred for each machine, so sending them would be impossible. Are you having a specific issue?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks for replying! is ricoh mpc 3500/4500 , any ideas where I could find something technical? I have the manual but does not contain any bulletin, common problems, considerations, critical parts, I appreciate all your knowledge...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

you need tessa website thats where all the bulletins are. You need to be registered with ricoh

Quote Originally Posted by diego_akd2009 View Post
    hello, first excuse my English, I have little participation in the forum because I work only to printers lexmark / hp monochrome, I would like to know if you get technical bulletins on this model ricoh, thank you!
    What do you need to know on this model, what bulletin you're looking for?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hello, there is nothing precise, my company just bought 5 machines of this model and I'm reading the manual todabia service, wanted to know if there was something that has to be careful, something that is characteristic of these models, so far I could see and compare with the other color model we have (ricoh 3245c) the image quality / full color printing is much lower

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diego_akd2009 View Post
    hello, there is nothing precise, my company just bought 5 machines of this model and I'm reading the manual todabia service, wanted to know if there was something that has to be careful, something that is characteristic of these models, so far I could see and compare with the other color model we have (ricoh 3245c) the image quality / full color printing is much lower
    This model is quite different to the 3245c, the drums generally last longer (up to and beyond 100k) as long as environmental conditions are ok (even then it's usually a simple matter to clean up the charge rollers). Colour registration is generally a lot better than the AP3800 family, excepting actual damage to the transfer belt, failed cleaning unit and/or dirty I.D sensors it generally doesn't have many problems.

The fusers are pretty durable, but are a pain to strip down and service. I can fully rebuild a MPC3500 fuser in about 45 minutes but these machines now are approximately 30-50% of my weekly workload so I am now quite experienced. I'd say allow yourself 1h30mins for your first attempt just to service the fuser. Or alternatively order a fuser from the SPC8100 and either swap the harness from the old copier fuser, or I believe you just move a pin in the connector.

The image quality should be superior to the 3245c, the 3245cs were in my experience a fairly good machine (or at least miles better than the horrendous 1224/3224c) and had generally good print quality, but in my experience an MPC3500 in good working order should have noticeably better print quality than the 3245c.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for your time ollie, the fuser is quite similar to ricoh 3245c, I really hope that the quality is even prayers to that of the 3245c, what both have to respect the pm table? Do you have any part that has to take special care / cleaning? Do any sc that is common to the model? I remember, for example, ricoh 2035, which gave an error 990 sc generated and actually wear on the tips of the image drum