Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ccsigroup

Question Savin Service Code SC545-00

I just installed a new fuser in a customer's Savin 9945DP and the Service / Wrench Icon along with SC545-00 Appears on the Display. I am not very knowedgable on this unit, but have successfully replaced similar components previsouly without such errors. Note the Unit does not have a Finisher. I belive that this model is the same chasis as the Ricoh Aficio 450. Perhaps the unit needs some type of Hard Reset to recongize the new Assembly. Any advise would be appreciated - I am really at a Loss.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    SC 545 is fuser overheat code.Since you have replaced the fuser try to reset by going into service mode and power off and back on.

ccsigroup

Question Reset req'd Due to the Overheat Sounds Right!

That Sounds about right - the Thermistor appeared skewed when I removed the Fuser, and the rollers were rather tacky. However, I don't recall the Key Sequence to enter Service Mode - I've only used it once before. Thought it was a 3 digit code on the Keypad - as for the other buttons - I'm drawing a blank. I couldn't get in with what I remembered.
    Where can I obtain the correct keycode / sequence to enter the Savin 9945 / Ricoh 450 Service Mode?

sc545

The way to enter service mode is hit clear modes then 107 then hold down the stop key for five seconds then you are in .Power off and back on using the red toggle switch on the side.
    g

ccsigroup

Thumbs up Mission accomplished!

Thanks for the tip - I had the keycode, but forgot the 5 Second Rule. Thanks for your assistance - the Copier is up and running with the replacement fuser. Great Assist!
    Last edited by ccsigroup; 10-03-2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Typo

sc545

Glad to help
    g