Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Savin 4090 (B070)

I had a strange problem with a Savin 4090 I thought I'd share. When making copies either from the exposure glass or through the doc feeder the machine ran fine. When you tried to scan to network, the scanner would go the full distance but halfway across the original the exposure lamp would go out. The result would be a half scan of the original and all black on the other half when viewing the scanned document on the customer's PC. Checking the SC history you would find a bunch of SC128 codes.

When you move the scanner by hand, it seems to move fine. Having access to a used 4090 back at my office to pull parts off of, I replaced the 1st scanner assembly, no help. Tried the scanner motor, nope. Scanner motor control board MCU, nope.

Finally and I'll remember to try this first next time, I lubed all the scanner pulleys and greased the scanner rail. That fixed it!

Not sure why it didn't give me any trouble with copy mode and just with network scanning. Maybe the scanner moves at different speeds for network scanning?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Re: Savin 4090 (B070)

Don't see many of these anymore, however just when you think you've seen the back of a machine, one comes back to haunt you. The other day I had to replace a busted fuser drive pulley on an 850!!

I remember there was an issue with some machines in this family with the scanner motor drive boards causing the scanner to crash when returning to home position. I can't for the life of me remember if it was these or the earlier 850's, the majority of times I've had to replace the board was on the smaller 551/700/1050 type machines.

I've also had the screws snap inside the scanner driveshaft causing various scanner issues but again mostly on the 551/700/1050 type machines.