Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: printing from an Ipad or I phone

Just some HotSpot info:

Ricoh makes a few HotSpot printers; they must be made that way, as they are HotSpot specific models. The capability can not be added to an existing printer, nor can it be removed.

Most current model MFPs have HotSpot available as an option. I have one account that has one - oddly enough in a retirement home - on an MP C4501.

While HotSpot may have a definite place in the market, it seems that we've yet to find it. While a great concept in theory, it seems that it's an idea that has yet to catch on. NotSoHotSpot,perhaps?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinfox View Post
    Speaking of printing, is there a list of Ricoh's private MIB's (for SNMP) anywhere? I googled the hell out of it and couldn't find it. I'm working on a program that will email me meter readings right from the cusomters office. This will allow me more time to sit on my fat ass to play Black Ops! BooYa!
    Private MIBs are exactly that, private. You normally need to pay to get them, and you must pinky swear that you won't give the info to anyone.

Posting private MIB info would get you in some might hot water, quickly.

I'm not sure, though, but I think that meters are part of the public MIB.

Try downloading Downloader 2006 from Cyrion Technologies - it has a MIB walk utility in it that should help.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    printing from an Ipad or I phone

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Private MIBs are exactly that, private. You normally need to pay to get them, and you must pinky swear that you won't give the info to anyone.

Posting private MIB info would get you in some might hot water, quickly.

I'm not sure, though, but I think that meters are part of the public MIB.

Try downloading Downloader 2006 from Cyrion Technologies - it has a MIB walk utility in it that should help.
    Thanks for that link.

All of my machines are Win 7 so it complains about that. However, after downloading VB 5 runtime, and creating a new shortcut i.e. "C:\Program Files\CTI\Downloader5\Downloader5.exe" /force=XP it works. (Both of the programs will work with that switch. (Downloader 2006 and PPC 2007))

We use Cortado. Search on AppStore or Market.