Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

MPC4000 edge to edge printing?

I have been asked to set one of these up for edge to edge printing. The sales person points out that the driver has a tick box for edge to edge printing, however they expect a full bleed on the left, right and trail edge. I have tested this before and it results in staining of the PTR in such a way that leaves lines and smudges on the following pages and also causes no end of fuser jams (particularly when duplexing). The sales person insists that as the driver has the option we must support it. So has anyone got a definitive answer as to exactly what is possible here.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MPC4000 edge to edge printing?

Re: MPC4000 edge to edge printing?

Full bleed expects a larger sheet than the original so it wont cause a problem. Ex. 12 x 18 for 11 x 17 full bleed.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

You have to use oversized paper through the by-pass, recommend shoot salesman !

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

I wonder what finisher staple head could manage the job of stapling gobshite salesmens' traps shut?

I feel for you man, I've had enough grief with customers running heavy coverage jobs on these to the point where I've had to selectively increase the lead edge registration by a couple of millimetres to give a bigger lead edge margin to avoid fuser jams. I always point out to customers that the machine requires a print margin to function properly and most repro depts I go to print on oversized paper and guillotine it down to size.

Duplexing heavy coverage is in my experience even worse. There is no separation on the press roller on these boxes and I find that anything with heavy coverage on the first side has a tendency to stick to then wrap round the press roller esp with lighter (cheaper and below 80gsm) stocks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Cannot be done.Hp Canon ,Kyocera,konoca all the same problem.Edge to edge on text perhaps but not on full coverage. Ull probably get better results on 120+gsm paper d/s will be dificult though. Some one needs to re train your sales man.