Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Re: which model is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    Since you said 30-45.. I like the MP3350 or 3351.. good machine, low maintenance.
    .....but fragile. They took the 2027/2032 which was a brilliant machine and absolutely ruined it.

Regular broken invertor gate pawls, broken invertor inner cover, broken fuser pressure release arms, broken paper transfer roller brackets, I've had regular issues with the invertor skewing on the second side due to damaged/misapplied guide mylars, concertina jamming between the bottom of the PCU and the registration roller and the size sensor getting unclipped from it's bracket causing chronic non-feed jamming.

.... and if that wasn't reason enough to despise this unloved redheaded stepchild of the 1022 family, they removed/disabled the new PCU detection mechanism so you can't use the type 1027 PCU as a customer fit item anymore (you can still use it, but have to manually initialise the dev in SP mode). Luckily the PCU parts are mostly common with the 2018/MP2500 type machine but still......

Hateful machine.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    .....but fragile. They took the 2027/2032 which was a brilliant machine and absolutely ruined it.

Regular broken invertor gate pawls, broken invertor inner cover, broken fuser pressure release arms, broken paper transfer roller brackets, I've had regular issues with the invertor skewing on the second side due to damaged/misapplied guide mylars, concertina jamming between the bottom of the PCU and the registration roller and the size sensor getting unclipped from it's bracket causing chronic non-feed jamming.

.... and if that wasn't reason enough to despise this unloved redheaded stepchild of the 1022 family, they removed/disabled the new PCU detection mechanism so you can't use the type 1027 PCU as a customer fit item anymore (you can still use it, but have to manually initialise the dev in SP mode). Luckily the PCU parts are mostly common with the 2018/MP2500 type machine but still......

Hateful machine.
    Wow.. what are your customers doing to their machine?. The fuser we have replaced them with the one from the 1027, no more broken arms. Size sensors I just superglue them into the brackets and no more problems there. We use the 1027 PCU and I'm pretty sure it still does recognize and reset the counts. Either way, it's cheaper than rebuilding the unit that's in it. I've never had jam problems on these single or double sided unless that size sensor pops out, then it's just superglue it in place and you are done. But i will agree the 1027 is a beast.. I have one with over 1.6 million on it and still running between 30,000-35,000 a month.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    Wow.. what are your customers doing to their machine?. The fuser we have replaced them with the one from the 1027, no more broken arms. Size sensors I just superglue them into the brackets and no more problems there. We use the 1027 PCU and I'm pretty sure it still does recognize and reset the counts. Either way, it's cheaper than rebuilding the unit that's in it. I've never had jam problems on these single or double sided unless that size sensor pops out, then it's just superglue it in place and you are done. But i will agree the 1027 is a beast.. I have one with over 1.6 million on it and still running between 30,000-35,000 a month.
    Kicking the crap out of them! I learned early on that if it can be broken, teachers and police will figure out how. They just love to slam that right hand door shut and depending on how POed they are whatever gets the brunt of that gets broke. There needs to be a copier equivalent of a Panasonic Toughbook that is not only ruggedised, but as simple and dumbass proof as possible. These things have a lower tolerance for damp/moist paper than the older Ruskies, may not be so much of a problem in your part of the world, but here in the U.K where the default weather is various degrees of rain it causes no end of issues. The dampness causes jams, the users get POed with the jams and "teach the copier a lesson", users break stuff and make matters worse, then they call me out. I've modified a few fusers in these with the pressure arms/springs from the old box and it does stop the problem of the arms getting broken.... but my point stands about them ruining the original design, If you are rolling back to an earlier proven unit because their new fancy unit that they have spent time and money re-designing turns out to have inferior reliability, they have completely wasted the resources spent on that redesign and would have been better just rehashing the MP2510 (The last good Ruskie IMO) From everything I've in the documentation this machine (in Europe at least) has no PCU detection in software, I've seen it where people have fitted the type 1027 but the machine will not automatically initialise the developer. Unless there's been a firmware update to change this.....

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

"teachers and police will figure out how"

AAAARGH!!! TEACHERS!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

any comments/issues about the performance of ricoh aficio 2045, 3045 and mp4500?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cleardata View Post
    any comments/issues about the performance of ricoh aficio 2045, 3045 and mp4500?
    2045 ok
    3045 ok
    mp 4500 same maschine , but new type of toner and developer , with some problems with new toner and developer ( same type is on new mp 4000 (4001) and mp 5000 (5001).

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

2045 and 3045 ok but dirty running, copy quality is good with parts within life, engine is virtually identical between the two but if budget allows choose the 3045 for newer connectivity features.

MP4500 ... don't touch it with a sh*tty stick, same engine but the toner/dev mix causes them to be a more of a toner dusting pig than the previous models, also the CQ is generally worse than the preceding boxes, avoid like the plague!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks guys. can the aficio 2045 or 3045 reach about 2million or 3million clicks before it can be junked? any idea what's the highest clicks it can reach?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

mp 4500 same machine Those machines are coal mines make sure you have a bio suit so service them.
    You must be mad to go for those things.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

thanks guys. can the aficio 2045 or 3045 reach about 2million or 3million clicks before it can be junked? any idea what's the highest clicks it can reach?
    The 3045 will easily reach 3 million if, and only if, it is serviced correctly and run with OEM toner and parts. PCU rebuild every 150k, developer every and associated seals 300k. Hot roller, pressure roller, thermistors and cleaning roller on condition, but keep the cleaning roller nice and shiny. Empty transfer waste and clean bias roller every 150k. If you keep an eye on the toner leaks, make sure they don't go anywhere near the laser, they will run like a tank. Above all, keep it clean!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.