Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Cannot find the path

Hi! every one I have some problem regarding scan to folder with mpc 3100,

the problem is I cannot browse the path when I using the computer name in the path for scan to folder, but if I will use IP address it will be fine,
    and its only problem for the user using wireless connection.

Have any one face the problem before? Please advice
    Thank you!
    Last edited by m3lvz28; 10-22-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Re: Cannot find the path

Could be several things but essentially if I read what you put correctly, the copier cannot resolve the computer name to an IP address. But........... if you use the computer's IP address as the path then it works.

Can you browse to other computers on the network via their computer names? Are the customers PCs set up on a domain or a workgroup? Is this laptop a member of the same domain/workgroup as the other computers?

Also I'm assuming using the IP address isn't a viable solution as the PC is a laptop and they let it pick up an available address via DHCP rather than assigning a static IP.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Fill in the DNS-server in Network Settings. DNS will take take care of name to IP-adress conversion.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Cannot find the path

Make sure you have the latest NCS firmware if you're in a Windows 7/Server 2008 environment. If you have access to the TSRC site, use the Global Knowledge Base to find multiple suggestions for the problem.

Could be several things but essentially if I read what you put correctly, the copier cannot resolve the computer name to an IP address. But........... if you use the computer's IP address as the path then it works.

Can you browse to other computers on the network via their computer names? Are the customers PCs set up on a domain or a workgroup? Is this laptop a member of the same domain/workgroup as the other computers?

Also I'm assuming using the IP address isn't a viable solution as the PC is a laptop and they let it pick up an available address via DHCP rather than assigning a static IP.

I'm sure that the user laptop is joined to the domain and in the same work group as the others, and its able to be browse and browse other computer, DNS and domain name is provided
    Please NOTE: when use wire connection it will be able to browse only wire less that giving me a problem.

I'm sure that the user laptop is joined to the domain and in the same work group as the others, and its able to be browse and browse other computer, DNS and domain name is provided
    Please NOTE: when use wire connection it will be able to browse only wire less that giving me a problem.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m3lvz28 View Post
    if all the settings is ok and firmware(updated)then you have to consider the signal strength or any disturbance on the wireless connections. try ping -t the gateway.
    Nobody is perfect..

Quote Originally Posted by rsyarcia View Post
    if all the settings is ok and firmware(updated)then you have to consider the signal strength or any disturbance on the wireless connections. try ping -t the gateway.
    OK Sir I will try it! Thanks for the advice.