Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MPC2050 jam in the paper tray 1

hello,

On MPC2050, I jams in the paper tray 1.
    The sheet does not leave the paper tray, and the copier displays:jam.
    I switched the engine introduction of paper from Tray 1 and 2. Butthe fault does not move.
    I switched the paper trays, no change.
    The paper is correctly positioned and secured in the tray.

Copies from the paper tray 2 are functioning properly.

Is there a clutch with the engine introductory paper? If so, how to disassemble?

Or have an idea for my problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC2050 jam in the paper tray 1

This may help you, the first part deals with non-feed jams from tray 1.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    hello,

On MPC2050, I jams in the paper tray 1.
    The sheet does not leave the paper tray, and the copier displays:jam.
    I switched the engine introduction of paper from Tray 1 and 2. Butthe fault does not move.
    I switched the paper trays, no change.
    The paper is correctly positioned and secured in the tray.

Copies from the paper tray 2 are functioning properly.

Is there a clutch with the engine introductory paper? If so, how to disassemble?

Or have an idea for my problem?
    If it jams in tray 1, try to check the feed clutch.This machine uses spring clutch instead of magnetic feed clutch.Im pretty sure the spring in the clutch is broken.

d037r171.jpgspring cltuch.jpg
    As shown in the picture is the feed drive unit assembly. The spring clutch is located in that assembly.Try to remove that unit and you will see the spring clutch inside. It is not described in the manual how to remove the spring clutch. Just use your troubleshooting skills. Hope it helps.

Technician 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    If it jams in tray 1, try to check the feed clutch.This machine uses spring clutch instead of magnetic feed clutch.Im pretty sure the spring in the clutch is broken.

d037r171.jpgspring cltuch.jpg
    As shown in the picture is the feed drive unit assembly. The spring clutch is located in that assembly.Try to remove that unit and you will see the spring clutch inside. It is not described in the manual how to remove the spring clutch. Just use your troubleshooting skills. Hope it helps.
    I second this. I have replaced tons of these clutches. There is a newer part number that was released for them and after replaced the problem seems to go away permanently. At least I haven't had one come back. As far as the process to removing them is concerned, its a pain. Take off rear cover and duplex side rear cover, pull out paper trays just enough for them not to be in the way. After that you have to open the controller box and remove the connector and ground in there and swing it open. Now I have done the next part by loosening the drive section and by removing the drive section and I found it to be much faster by removing the drive section. There is a plastic guide that a harness passes through that needs to be slid out of the way. Disconnect harnesses and pull out the second tray drive assembly then the first tray assembly will come out (remove the white plastic harness holder to make it easier). The feed clutch is the big one inside the drive assembly and there are two little transport clutches inside the machine attached to a shaft. The newer ones are two tone, white and black. Swap out the affected clutches and problem will be gone.

That's the easiest way to do it that I have found. I have tried other ways but that seems to be the fastest for me. Hope it helps.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Sharpmind, what pages in the parts cat are those from?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Sharpmind, what pages in the parts cat are those from?
    The parts catalog of this machine is in 3D.Go to MAIN DRIVE SECTION. The part number of the feed roller clutch is D039 1164. You can see this diagram on page 11 of the parts catalog (ASIA).

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Got it thanks. I thought I was missing something. These are the same ones referred to by Teebee's attachment.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Exclamation Re: MPC2050 jam in the paper tray 1

I've done a few spring clutches but also be aware that the trays on these 2050s as are pretty cheap and nasty.

The sep pads don't always sit and move well in the molded plastic holders, often the tension is not even side to side / too much friction on one side.
    I also tend to stretch out the tray plate springs to make sure the paper is tight up against the roller.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician

Hi
    i have done all thos mods I even swaped electrialmotor to see if problem moved, It still gives. 01.(3),A4 LEF(5) it certenaly gives me more greyhair.
    The only thing i havent done are strecthing the spring under the plate.........

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gestetner tech View Post
    Hi
    i have done all thos mods I even swaped electrialmotor to see if problem moved, It still gives. 01.(3),A4 LEF(5) it certenaly gives me more greyhair.
    The only thing i havent done are strecthing the spring under the plate.........
    Is there a groaning noise when the jam occurs?

If yes, remove the tray, on the right hand tray runner in the machine you will see a stud with a black plastic roller which supports the tray when in position.

Turn this roller and look for a groove (Flat spot).

If there is one, that's the problem.

You can check by refitting the tray, sticking a flat blade screwdriver between the 1st and 2nd trays on the right hand side and twisting it to raise the 1st tray by about 1-2 mm.

If this works, replace the runner.

You could also glue some plastic inside the tray to widen the contact point between the tray and the roller, this would help stop the fault returning (IT WILL return!!)

There was a bulletin in the uk suggesting new friction pads / brackets but I found it didn't work.