Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hairybathplug

Aficio 1224c poor prints

Hi all, ive got a 1224c after moving it it has very poor copys, I have changed the PDU and it is still the same. It appers to be starting the print 1inch in and the registration is totally out.prtint error2.jpgprtint error1.jpg It's the same BW as in colour. Cheers Chris

Re: Aficio 1224c poor prints

replace lean unit clutch

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio 1224c poor prints

Or the cleaning unit bracket.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Or the cleaning unit bracket.
    For 99% sure the bracket.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    For 99% sure the bracket.
    Use it as a doorstop and buy a real copier

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    Use it as a doorstop and buy a real copier
    Don't use it as a door stop, someone is likely to plug it in and use it. I suggest boat anchor or wrecking ball.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Personally I'd be looking in and around the fuser/oil supply for two reasons:-

The CQ issue in your examples doesn't look like the classic 2-3" smear you get with cleaning clutch failure, also usually b/w or single colour copies aren't affected just full colour.

The look of the marks has the look of a fusing belt/oil starvation issue to me, did you take the fuser and the oil reservoir out of the machine before you moved it? Even if you didn't did you keep the machine absolutely upright at all times? When you take the rear cover off is everything oily?

I have had wandering registration/jamming issues to do with oil contamination of the feed clutches when the machine has been tilted whilst moving. Silicon oil basically wrecks everything it comes into contact with apart from the fuser parts it's supposed be lubricating, if it's in the development units, pcu cleaning units, feed clutches or transport brack assy they are basically FUBAR!

hairybathplug

The problem was the upper tension spring on the pdu gearbox had snapped its bracket so the belt was slipping. For a quick repair I drilled a hole in the plastic gear box case, then wrapped wire around the new hole and spring so it had the correct amount of tension. Being a wide format guy and not working on these before I now have two questions is there any timing issses that I need to look at and I have the old PDU that is not cleaning is there any worth in servicing an old PDU and if so any common problems? Cheers Chris

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio 1224c poor prints

Not wanting to derail this thread (not that it didn't happen already), but anyone ever seen one of these making good prints?

I don't know but "1224C" and "poor prints" on the same sentence is the perfect oxymoron to me.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairybathplug View Post
    The problem was the upper tension spring on the pdu gearbox had snapped its bracket so the belt was slipping. For a quick repair I drilled a hole in the plastic gear box case, then wrapped wire around the new hole and spring so it had the correct amount of tension. Being a wide format guy and not working on these before I now have two questions is there any timing issses that I need to look at and I have the old PDU that is not cleaning is there any worth in servicing an old PDU and if so any common problems? Cheers Chris
    Common problems? The main problem is this model was released in the first place. Get the customer to upgrade to an MPC4501 as soon as possible.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.