Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

I have come into ownership of a Plockmatic SR90 booklet maker. It has a BM-156 error code. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Re: Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barbee View Post
    I have come into ownership of a Plockmatic SR90 booklet maker. It has a BM-156 error code. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    SUBJECT: BM-156
    SYMPTOM:
    BM-156.
    CAUSE:
    Open circuit in the interlock system.
    SOLUTION:
    If a trimmer or Cover Feeder is not being installed in the Booklet maker, an Interlock Jumper needs to be
    installed to each connector plate.
    If a cover Feeder is installed, make sure that the top cover interlock on the SR90 is correctly adjusted.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Technician
    Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    SUBJECT: BM-156
    SYMPTOM:
    BM-156.
    CAUSE:
    Open circuit in the interlock system.
    SOLUTION:
    If a trimmer or Cover Feeder is not being installed in the Booklet maker, an Interlock Jumper needs to be
    installed to each connector plate.
    If a cover Feeder is installed, make sure that the top cover interlock on the SR90 is correctly adjusted.
    When you say each connector plate are you referring to the white connectors one for CF 90 power and one for TR90 power? If so I have an interlock for the CF90 power but not for the TR90 power. Can I use a wire to jump the TR90 power and if so which of the two pins should I connect to?

Thanks

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Yes, each of the white connectors needs a jumper (VRC61134 - Interlock Jumper). Also, each of the cf90 or tr90 connectors above the white connectors will need terminators if they don't have them. It sounds like your unit used to have either a cf90 or tr90 installed and wasn't included in the sale to you. I don't think you can just jumper the wires as you are want to do. Neither of the jumpers or terminators have a pin out or schematic which indicates which pin goes where.

If you call your local dealer I'm sure they can get you what you need.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Technician
    Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Yes, each of the white connectors needs a jumper (VRC61134 - Interlock Jumper). Also, each of the cf90 or tr90 connectors above the white connectors will need terminators if they don't have them. It sounds like your unit used to have either a cf90 or tr90 installed and wasn't included in the sale to you. I don't think you can just jumper the wires as you are want to do. Neither of the jumpers or terminators have a pin out or schematic which indicates which pin goes where.

If you call your local dealer I'm sure they can get you what you need.
    Thanks for your help, I have spent the last three hours trying to find a dealer to help. Do you know of one?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barbee View Post
    Thanks for your help, I have spent the last three hours trying to find a dealer to help. Do you know of one?
    These guys are an authorized reseller in CA. Don't know what all they support.

CFS Bindery Products - Nationwide Bindery Equipment Distributor
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician
    Plockmatic SR 90 BM-156

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    These guys are an authorized reseller in CA. Don't know what all they support.

CFS Bindery Products - Nationwide Bindery Equipment Distributor
    Thank you for the help!