Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: savin 8060

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

savin 8060

i have a customer that wants print scan on the savin 8060 they have. I thought it was a standard feature on this one and the customer has the nic card in the machine but no hard keys for the printer or scanner on the panel. The nic card isn't lit and in the user tools function the printer or scanner features are not there. I have a mp7000 in the shop with the print scan on it and would like to install it on the savin 8060 but i need to know exactly what parts are in the scan/print system to take and what modes to turn on. thanks much T

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

Re: savin 8060

Sounds like you have a copier only version. you woud have to order or find a print/scan option for your machine to work. Someone on ebay may have one.

good luck

don't get it. the savin has a nic card in it already but doesn't work. no printer or scanner buttons on panel and no printer or scanner features through user tools. can i take the print scan off of the mp 7000 i have and install it on the savin 8060

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    savin 8060

I don't think that will work. The Savin 8060 (D052, same as the MP6000) comes in 2 flavors, the 8060 and 8060sp (sp for scan/print). To add the print option to the standard 8060 requires the Printer/Scanner Unit Type 8000 (Product code D406) and is unique to this model. The MP7000 (D053) and MP8000 (D054) have a different print option depending on their branding - Ricoh, Savin or Lanier Printer/Scanner Bundle.

The Printer/Scanner option only consists of and SD card, key buttons and memory dimm. The SD card is sort of like the "key" that unlocks the features (that is why it is so expensive, because the hardware is built in whether you use it or not).

You could try and remove the dimm and sd card from the 7000 and try it in the 8060, but I have a suspicion that it won't function.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 11-04-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Teebee, I just checked the 7000 in the office and it has a D406 sd in it. I'm going to give it a try on the 8060 but i want to wait until i here back from u. I'm assuming since it's just a copier version, i will need to tell the machine i just installed a scan /print system in sp mode or will it just recognize the scan print system. Thanks much

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    savin 8060

That card should work then, maybe the bundled print option is just a marketing thing. You are correct that you have to enable the nic in service SP5-985 (I think, it should have the option to enable the USB and NIC. If that is the wrong SP, it will be somewhere in that area. Change it to 1). Then power off the machine, remove the controller and insert the dimm and SD card, put it back together and boot up. Wait a few moments and check your user tools for the options. The hard buttons can be swapped over or ordered.

Rockin and rollin baby. thanks so much for the help. Went back today installed the sd and hard keys and turned it on in sp, printer and scanner showed up in user tools. pinged it and its rockin. (good stuff.) thanks again. T