Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    electricalchick

Could not find valid licenced hardware

I have been using a Ricoh Aficio 240W that was pre-installed on a dedicated computer now for about 3 years. I bought it used from an architech in California and it has been running seamlessly every since until now. Suddenly I am getting this error message: "Could not find valid licensed hardware error 48812703" when I try to print. I have tried rebutting the entire system. I have disconnected all power and cabling and reconnected, but nothing has worked so far. I do not know whether to have a computer tech come check the computer or a copier repair tech to come check the copier. It would appear that the computer and printer have lost communication. Are any of you guys familiar with this error message? Not sure it is related, but last week the computer and printer suddenly rebooted in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Nothing else in my office rebooted. The computer and printer are routed through a small UPS that came when I purchased the system.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Re: Could not find valid licenced hardware

It sounds like the board may have failed in the Plotbase PC. You can power it down and re-seat the card in the PC to see if it resolves the issue. If this doesn't resolve it you will likely have to call a qualified service technician.

About Ricoh Americas Corporation
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Reinstall the pci card. Plug and Pray

Technician

Pray the card is not fried. They are impossible to find and when you do find them they are not cheap. The joys of proprietary hardware.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Could not find valid licenced hardware

the pci card in the computer is married to the controller board in the plotter by the rsp file(license file). hence if 1 of the 2 boards die your screwed, because Ricoh no longer supports plotbase , because the new plotters support the GW controller. you can try to get help from Ratio, the conpany that built the hardware and software for Ricoh...............................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electricalchick View Post
    I have been using a Ricoh Aficio 240W that was pre-installed on a dedicated computer now for about 3 years. I bought it used from an architech in California and it has been running seamlessly every since until now. Suddenly I am getting this error message: "Could not find valid licensed hardware error 48812703" when I try to print. I have tried rebutting the entire system. I have disconnected all power and cabling and reconnected, but nothing has worked so far. I do not know whether to have a computer tech come check the computer or a copier repair tech to come check the copier. It would appear that the computer and printer have lost communication. Are any of you guys familiar with this error message? Not sure it is related, but last week the computer and printer suddenly rebooted in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Nothing else in my office rebooted. The computer and printer are routed through a small UPS that came when I purchased the system.
    First of all, I apologize in advance if this is a waste of time, but have you tried taking the "small UPS" out of the system and seen what happens?
    For some reason, I think that might be a line conditioner rather than a UPS, and as such its data circuit may have self destructed in an attempt to save your equipment. Or old age.