Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Strange jamming at 3025

Quote Originally Posted by blanka View Post
    Sharpmind, Did you not read my post, NO OFFENCE!! But im not going to start a argument online cause i will win anyway. Just remember that all that use this site are not techs and are just cheap skates who try and get info to fix their copiers and and end up causing more damage and when a tech is called out has to retrace the unknown. Mate if i had a tech come and ask me this i would get them to read the manual in detailed descriptions to see how the mach works. Obviously this tech has not even done that. As for me i do ask questions and most times even tech support cant even answer them. But hey like i said No offence. If your offended then maybe you should not read my post.
    NO OFFENCE,Are you a Technician? "A nosiy can is empty".
    Nobody is perfect..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Sharpmind, Did you not read my post, NO OFFENCE!! But im not going to start a argument online cause i will win anyway. Just remember that all that use this site are not techs and are just cheap skates who try and get info to fix their copiers and and end up causing more damage and when a tech is called out has to retrace the unknown. Mate if i had a tech come and ask me this i would get them to read the manual in detailed descriptions to see how the mach works. Obviously this tech has not even done that. As for me i do ask questions and most times even tech support cant even answer them. But hey like i said No offence. If your offended then maybe you should not read my post.
    Even you say "NO OFFENCE" it still hurts a person who is trying to ask for help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

No offence but surely you cannot be a technician.
    @ Blank The best thing you can do is keep quiet. I say no more.
    Thanks to everyone else for the answers that you gave me.
    I will do the tests and will let you know.

don't be sad my friend

peace on our guies first i would thank every technician sharp mind and zed and all poeple who shares ideas for help us and copiers community specialy ricoh community i would say to our friend don't be sad if some one attempt to trip our progress stay away out we all learn machine is hall knowlege never stop good luck guies

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have replaced the clutches of the feed roller and vertical transport but the problem is not solved whereas the customer called me back.
    You have other suggestions?
    Bye bye.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Strange jamming at 3025

First, are both tension springs intact in the back? If so then try putting 30 sheets of paper in the cassette and run 30 test pages from it. If it works fine, then fill the cassette to max and try and run that out. If you start getting jams, then the problem is most likely what was mentioned previously by totoro - the rising unit chuck has a split in it. As it attempts to lift the heavier weight of the paper the split widens and reduces the height/pressure against the feed roll but enough to actuate the feed. This is not an uncommon problem, take out the paper tray and shine a bright light on the rising unit clutch and you may very well see a crack in it radiating out from the center shaft. Again, the part # is B209 2780.
    If none of these suggestions work and you are sure everything is ok mechanically, I have attached the Detailed Descriptions of how the paper feed works on this model. At the end of it you will find a list of SP adjustments you can make to change the feed pressure for different sizes of paper. But be advised that in all my years I have never had to resort to that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teebee1234; 11-21-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I think this is a fault I see all the time....but want to clarify as Ive never replaced the lift chuck. Is this fault like when there are non-feed jams? Like the lift mechanism dosnt lift the paper all the way up to the roller but stops short? In this case Ive always removed the back panel and tightened the lift springs half a turn or so to add more tension to them - not too much or the spring will snap under the load of a full ream of paper. I always thought it was the spring losing tension....

Id be interested to know if this is the same fault cause I will replace the chuck next time now I actually know what it is!

Cheers guys.

maxi

claen the clucth registration roller.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Today the machine is almost always jammed, unlike before that almost never jammed in my presence.
    Each is about 3 sheets jammed so I took advantage of the situation to make thorough checks.
    I increased from 200 to 250 and then 300 the sp1,909,001.
    I stripped the rising unit of the second tray but it was perfectly intact but I noticed that underneath there was a screw and believing that it could create problems during its rotation I reassembled everything and tested the machine without positive results.
    In any case I've decided to install the rising unit from the first tray to the second and again to replace the main spring of the second tray (a2672771).
    I did some testing without resolving anything.
    So I decided to invert the upper relay sensor of second tray with that of third.
    I do not know if it was an accident but by that time the machine is not jammed.
    Tomorrow I will call the customer to know how the machine is going and we'll let you know.
    Bye

Technician

Smile Re: Strange jamming at 3025

open the lower right door below duplex unit & look out out for the black paper paper guide is it hook on the machine body & also the one before regi roller, shd look @smc report on jam location, shd be able to narrow down the areas u r looking into,good luck