Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar

Pro 907 with SR5020 stapler jogger issue

I've got a customer with a print shop that is having an issue with the stapler jogger in a SR5020 attached to a Pro 907. The first few sets are fine but as the machine runs the stapled sets, it begins to staple the sets less and less jogged so the stapled sets are very sloppily stacked. Since the joggers are run on two independent motors and not a single motor, I'm assuming one of the motors is weak and not supplying the correct amount of jog as the job goes on. This is front to back jogging, not lead to trail jogging as discussed in TSB 014. The machine has all but 3 mill on it, not sure of the specific number of stapled sets but it gets a work out.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, am I on the right track with the motor failure? Thanks for any and all responses.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Re: Pro 907 with SR5020 stapler jogger issue

I had one with the poorly aligned sets, it turned out to be the small stepper motor buried inside the feed out mechanism that rotates the exit sponge rollers, these would stop - no error and then the poor sorting would appear, replaced motor and all was good again. watch closely to see if the output sponge rollers are turning properly. I was sure something was wrong with the actual jogging - it wasnt!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Any chance you might be able to post the pg number & index from the parts list? Or the motor name/designation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    Any chance you might be able to post the pg number & index from the parts list? Or the motor name/designation?
    From the SR5020 parts manual it's on page 30 or figure 15. The motor is item 20 and the PN is B8305565, description is Stepper Motor DC6.7V 16W.

I replaced both of the motors since they were so well worn. It resolved the problem and the stapled sets are stacked perfectly now.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.

Thanks; do you remember roughly how many clicks are on the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    ......The machine has all but 3 mill on it.........

whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    whoops!
    Sorry, I get punchy sometimes if I don't have coffee in the morning...