Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 3025 not fusing

Ricoh 3025 not fusing

Have tried two different fusers, both with new (OEM) rollers and new thermistors. Copier comes into ready and runs copies but fuser is stone cold. If a door is opened and closed it will then throw an SC542 code, which can then be reset and will run cold again. Have never had one not throw a code with no fuser lamps and then run copies. Anyone seen this??!! Is this a power supply issue or firmware issue? Customer states that it will sometimes fuse the toner but I did not see that. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Ricoh 3025 not fusing

look my friend don't worry this thread has many hypotheses 542 or 545 all this codes happend if 1-changable temperture in place which place very cold 2-if customer have sets exhaust big charge of electricity causes this code if toner remove from paper when yo touch paper fuser unit didn't reach to requirment tempreture then replace thermistor if it still be appear look to psu .... ok good luck

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

If you've already tried swapping the fuser and you still have the fault then it must be a board fault. The easiest way to discount the fuser completely is to put it into another 1027/2027/3025 type machine, it could only be an open circuit lamp and/or thermostat if it is something on the fuser unit. Take the cover off the front of the machine where the interchange unit/one-bin tray is and you should be able to see at the end of the fuser if the lamps are lit and therefore if there is any actual heating going on.

What concerns me though is the machine running "cold", it shouldn't ever do this. When I have had o/c stats before it has always thrown up SC542 almost immediately after powering on. So maybe it is the power supply unit that's causing there to be no heating. However, I'd also check the firmware version as historically these machines have had problems with fuser temp detection (SC541/543 for no apparent reason etc) and possibly order an IOB along with the PSU in case it is a hardware issue causing incorrect fuser temp detection.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 3025 not fusing

Also be sure to set SP1103-1 to '1', this will turn fuser idling on and prevent the first few sheets from printing prematurely. You might also try switching it to '2', this is supposed to measure the temperature before printing the first 3.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Have tried two different fusers, both with new (OEM) rollers and new thermistors. Copier comes into ready and runs copies but fuser is stone cold. If a door is opened and closed it will then throw an SC542 code, which can then be reset and will run cold again. Have never had one not throw a code with no fuser lamps and then run copies. Anyone seen this??!! Is this a power supply issue or firmware issue? Customer states that it will sometimes fuse the toner but I did not see that. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
    A co worker of mine says to check the push switch on the right jam access door. He said he has had that broken and cause this and paper jams.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 3025 not fusing

Thanks for all the advice. Will be going back on Monday and let you know what the problem was. Old Crow