Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC6501/7501 Jamming and dog ears, fuser exit, toner building up on cooling roller?

Re: MPC6501/7501 Jamming and dog ears, fuser exit, toner building up on cooling rolle

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    been told by my old service manager these machines must have the filters cleaned on regular basis or they cause no end of problems. Might not sort yours out but no harm in cleaning the filters out - oh dont ask me where as ive looked and can only find a few.
    This is actually a big deal and should be an automatic check on service calls. Look in the back under the controller interface and you will see a cover with a slotted plastic plug. Turn that and pop it out and remove the cover. If it hasn't been checked in a while then you will see toner pouring out of it before you remove the 4 filters (3 cloth and 1 ozone). Hold your vacuum nozzle under the opening as you remove them. Remember how they are facing as the tabs are keyed to slots in the cover. Blocked filters will cause the air flow to decrease or stop passing over the cooling fins on the decurler, which will lead to your problem and general dusting inside. Check the other filters on the exit side of the machine in the rear also. Also make sure the fans are functioning at normal speed as toner builds up and bonds on the blades, causing them to stall or stop. There are either 2 or 4 fans on the exit side of the machine (pull away the finisher) and check those. You will have an error code if they stop running but if they are running slow then replace them.

Technician

Re: MPC6501/7501 Jamming and dog ears, fuser exit, toner building up on cooling rolle

Teebee, dont know how long you have been doing this but you are good!! Are you technical support cause i have seen some of your replies and you are always on the money and you have also helped me in the past as well. Good on you. Thanks.

Technician

I solved this issue of toner sticking to the decurl roller by having the roller coated with Teflon at a professional coater factory. This worked 100% and the roller never gets toner on it anymore.
    Cost was around $50.

It is worth noting that the two machines with this issue were brand new and all the fans and filters etc were 100% clean and functional.

Thanks for the replies

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emo View Post
    I solved this issue of toner sticking to the decurl roller by having the roller coated with Teflon at a professional coater factory. This worked 100% and the roller never gets toner on it anymore.
    Cost was around $50.

It is worth noting that the two machines with this issue were brand new and all the fans and filters etc were 100% clean and functional.

Thanks for the replies

!!! Send that one to Ricoh!!

There is a bulletin out for the corner folding problem advising you to check / adjust the fuser nip as this increases over time, causing curl. There was a similar problem on the MP1100 / pro series machines.

Of course, the stripper adjustment is the first step.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

I've found removing the end brown claws from the pick off assembly stops the folding of the corners

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC6501/7501 Jamming and dog ears, fuser exit, toner building up on cooling roller?

Quote Originally Posted by blanka View Post
    Teebee, dont know how long you have been doing this but you are good!! Are you technical support cause i have seen some of your replies and you are always on the money and you have also helped me in the past as well. Good on you. Thanks.
    Thanks Blanka for the vote of confidence, but I'm not always correct in some of my opinions and most certainly have my weak areas. I learn a lot of tips and tricks from others here that I would never otherwise discover. I think this is due to my having to work with 'official' Ricoh doctrine and easy availability to OEM parts and documentation. Many posters are independent and do not have that easy access and have to be creative in their repairs, which in many cases is cheaper and more sensible than what is in the Ricoh bible. It is those kinds of tips and tricks I try and adopt and pass on to my fellow techs in the office.