Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bassplyr647

Key counter/coin-op connection

Hello All,
    I'm new here and have a few questions regarding key counter/coin-op connection. On an LD235, how exactly does the key counter work with a coin-op device? Is there an enable/disable at the key counter connector or does it just change the counter when a copy/scan/fax is made?

What coin-op devices are available for the LD235?

Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Key counter/coin-op connection

i have limited knowledge, but here goes what i know. to hook up a coin op device, there is a small board that gets installed in the machine. the coin op gets hooked up to that. there is an sp mode tat has to be turned on to enable the type of coin op device, then key counter is enabled in user tools. the coin(s) are inserted into the coin op device to release the control panel for usage. can't remember the specifics, but that's the rough outline.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

Re: Key counter/coin-op connection

You shouldn't need the extra interface board. When we vend that copier we connect to the Key counter connector: CN211. It's a 4 wire interface with 2 lines for copier enable and 2 lines for a copy pulse. The settings should be SP5-113 option 11. Then in administrator under key op tools-external charge unit management highlight copier or set it to on. If it's not done this way you will get a jam as the key counter is removed or the Vend Station runs out of money.
    I don't know what scan or print would do if highlighted in external charge unit management. Ricoh has an embedded solution you can look into. I think it's simply called Ricoh Copy Print Vend.

Give us a call if you'd like our number is at our web site
    Last edited by oldschool; 11-18-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added link to PDF