Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mpc3500 sc460

Technician

mpc3500 sc460

One of my customer has a ricoh mpc3500. It's been working fine since installed before 3 years ago. But now

it displays sc460 occasionally. i'll appreciate any help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: mpc3500 sc460

Probably, you have problem with high voltage, clean and check HV controler ( and cables and conectors), on back side.Maybe dust.Need more info.

richothekid

Hi. I've just come across an MPC 2800 that when i arrived was OK, but is reporting at least 10 sc460's in the past 24 hours and am wondering if you ended up finding a fix.

Manual says problem with HV power supply/cabling or IOB. I've re-seasted all cabling to and from these boards and checked fuses for continuity etc.

Machine is up now but i fear a repeat. Any clues? Power fluctuations?

Technician

i guess it's caused by wet paper . it happened frequently while raining outside . I told my customer to change paper . it was better than before

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

So this could be damp paper?! I have had an MPC3500 doing this over the last few days too but it has been sitting in a very cold environment for a long time. I will have a go with some new, warm paper and see if that helps?

I don't get the error code until I run the first copy, the machine warms up and gets to ready fine.

Weird.

Themelvynbrown

I had this intermittant fault - try resoldering all the components on the small board located beneath the transfer roller ( mounted on right hand side opening door flap, it is the HV board for the transfer roller and can have dry joints. Thanks to Neil for helping me with this
    Last edited by Themelvynbrown; 11-06-2012 at 02:20 PM.

ijjhon

Thumbs up Re: mpc3500 sc460

Quote Originally Posted by z_ming View Post
    One of my customer has a ricoh mpc3500. It's been working fine since installed before 3 years ago. But now

it displays sc460 occasionally. i'll appreciate any help.

what i think this is Separation power pack output error

OR 1. Replace the high-voltage supply cable.
    2. Replace the high-voltage power supply unit.
    3. Replace the IOB.

wikus

hi there.i have a mpc4000 that is giving sc460.changed h/v board,trnsfer unit,iob and bicu.still have the same problem.it gives the code as soon as the first print comes out.machine goes to ready condition.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wikus View Post
    hi there.i have a mpc4000 that is giving sc460.changed h/v board,trnsfer unit,iob and bicu.still have the same problem.it gives the code as soon as the first print comes out.machine goes to ready condition.

Hi, sorry for reliving an old post but I wanted to know if you found a solution to this error, thanks
    Hi, sorry for reliving an old post but I wanted to know if you found a solution to this error, thanks