Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ricoh 1013 maint. indicator

Hi everyone. This is certainly not an emergancy but just wondering if there is a way to make the maint. indicator display when the default use of this machine is fax. Its rarley used in copy mode so the cust never knows when its time for maint. luckily i'm there for other machines and check it regularly. thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: ricoh 1013 maint. indicator

Every 45k it says Replace Photoconductor and every 90k you should do maintenance. You can see on the counter if it needs PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thank you for that. I have this machine set up on a 10K cycle, The light comes on at 10K and I bill them for the next 10K. Since this unit is used as thier fax, the light doesent show up unless they switch it to copy mode. Not a big deal, just wondering if there was a setting to change it to make the light show up in fax mode. I couldnt find one in the service manuel but some of the settings are not exactly self explainitory.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You can view the amount of tx, rx and scans in Fax Service mode #06. That will give you some indication of the amount of use the scanner is getting (you can clear these counters also). There are different alarms to set, so I am not sure which one you set to 10k. The pcu alarm (5-912 -1&2) is normally set to 45k. The PM alarm (5501-1&2) "Enables/disables the PM alarm for the total number of prints, copies, and faxes" - make sure 5501-1 is set to 10k and 5501-2 is set to "1".
    Last edited by teebee1234; 12-01-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yes, the PM alarm is set to 10K which is what I want. The question is the PM light only shows up if the unit is in copy mode. The cust uses this only for fax so it is set to fax mode at all times. Is there a way to have the PM light show up in fax mode?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Interesting. I didnt realize that. I dont think there is anyway to change it tho.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+