Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Tray Assignment Number MPC 6000 / 7000find the Tray number for trays 1 to 4

Tray Assignment Number MPC 6000 / 7000find the Tray number for trays 1 to 4

Hi Everyone.

I have a weird one here, I have spoken to Ricoh Technical Support and they have no idea. I have a customer who use to use an HP printer and they managed to get into the Printer driver code and found that each tray had an assignment number as in a code for each tray. So Tray 1 was 267 and Tray 2 was 429 and so on. The reason they wanted to know this was so they could print a sensitive document with embeded coding saying which page should be printed from each tray, so pages 1 to 4 Tray 1 (267) and pages 5-10 to Tray 2 (429).

I have no idea how they do that but they want to find the Tray numbers from Tray 1 to 4 on there MPC6000 and MPC7500

Does anyone know the Tray numbers for these. I have checked the printer drivers and all it says is tray 1 etc and I cant break the Driver coding to see that.

Any help or advise would be fab.

Many thanks and happy fixing

Tim

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Tray Assignment Number MPC 6000 / 7000find the Tray number for trays 1 to 4

Sounds like they are wanting to configure a macro script.

You could try 'printing to file' with the desired settings, opening the file in a text editor and having a look at the PJL commands used for specifying the tray selection (it may yield clues).

Stuff like this is not that easy as it's moving into basic programming and may depend on internal parameters of the third party software in question.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Tray Assignment Number MPC 6000 / 7000find the Tray number for trays 1 to 4

Using the PCL Paper Source Command, (ESC&1#H) where # is value listed below should call the approriate tray.

0 Current/Default
    1 Auto Tray select
    2 By-pass tray
    7 LCT (Dependant on model)
    4 Tray1
    5 Tray2
    6 Envelope
    7 Tray3
    8 Tray4
    9 LCT (Dependant on model)
    10 Tray6 (Dependant on model)
    15 Tray5
    16 Tray6 (Dependant on model)
    17 Tray7
    18 Tray8

Alternatively, if you are printing to the MFD using PCL 5 (c/e) you could configure the tray parameters in WebImageMonitor (WIM) so that 267 is referenced for tray one and 429 for tray 2.