Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPC 4500 lines

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MPC 4500 lines

Hi everyone. There was some posts earlier about maybe the wax bar in the PCU units for MPC 4500 causing lines on copies because the wax gets on the cleaner blade and chg roll. I think someone suggested removing the wax bar, I havent tried this yet, has any one tried it? would it cause drum cleaning problems? This time of year when it gets cold and wet, lines on these units become a problem.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: MPC 4500 lines

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer1087 View Post
    Hi everyone. There was some posts earlier about maybe the wax bar in the PCU units for MPC 4500 causing lines on copies because the wax gets on the cleaner blade and chg roll. I think someone suggested removing the wax bar, I havent tried this yet, has any one tried it? would it cause drum cleaning problems? This time of year when it gets cold and wet, lines on these units become a problem.
    No lubricant bar on this this model, just a blade and brush (the MPC 4000/5000/4501/5501 drums do have a lubricant bar).

I have often pondered if cold environmental conditions do effect the life of these drums / charge rollers.
    I think it probably does, but there's no official acknowledgement as far as I'm aware.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

When I don't have a new drum unit with me, I remove the wax bar and clean the charge roller, and refit a new drum unit later.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts gregoriojc's Avatar

I agree with Eric 1968

I face the same problem ,do the same procedure the problem was fixed.

On the new type of charge roller (the one with the beige/brown coating) if you remove the sponge cleaning roller and discard it then scrub the charge roller removing the beige/brown coating to the white underneath using a kitchen scourer or similar and water/alcohol the drum units will run for much, much longer than their stated life.

We are currently trialing this in our team on all Athena/Apollon lines and it's been a massive success. Even on the C2 models with the wax lube bar these will continue to run, the wax bar has been tested and can last up to 400k.

Worth a try.

Technician

Hellow, so you removed the cleaning roller in every pcu ?

What's the lifetime for those units then ?

MPC2525/3000/3500/4500 and MPC4000/5000 ?

Thx !