Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

MPC2550 Jam Code J017 when feeding from tray 2 only

I have an MPC2550 that jams when feeding from tray 2. Paper stops at the sensor just past the first set of transport rollers every time. The following parts were replaced by another technician but has yet to fix the problem. (BICU, Driver board, Wrap Clutches, Sensor, Gear/Motor assembly, paper guide, and paper feed unit.) I have verified the sensor changes state with input checks. Verified feed is working with output check. Today I updated all the firmware and ran an engine memory clear. Also reseated all the connectors to both boards. At this point I suspect the problem is more to do with logic than mechanical malfunction. Plan on replacing the BICU NVRam as my next step. Anyone ever run into this same issue?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC2550 Jam Code J017 when feeding from tray 2 only

Re: MPC2550 Jam Code J017 when feeding from tray 2 only

Go through this jam troubleshooting guide before you replace any more boards. I highly doubt it's a logic issue. When you say you replaced clutches, do you mean just the feed or did you also do the relay clutches? If you haven't done the relay clutch, the part # is D0391166
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teebee1234; 12-10-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

Thanks for the reply teebee1234. I saw the troubleshooting guide as well. At this point we are way beyond the recommended fixes in this document.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

on the side pannel increase the pressure on the idle rollers

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    Thanks for the reply teebee1234. I saw the troubleshooting guide as well. At this point we are way beyond the recommended fixes in this document.
    Have you replaced the two metal clamps that hold the side door on tray 2 in position? I've had those cause code 17 jams before.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

I am also having jamming out of tray 2 only but I also get dog eared corners coming out of tray 2,. Copies actually exit more than 50% of the time but still dog-ear the corners and it doesn't matter if I try letter or letter paper in tray 2, almost always jams just under the vertical transport guide plate in the duplex unit, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Technician

is it happening on single or double sided? have you checked the sep pad and spring (replace or strech spring) ? also check to see if the cassette is damaged as it is common with these machines. Is the machine making any abnormal sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    I have an MPC2550 that jams when feeding from tray 2. Paper stops at the sensor just past the first set of transport rollers every time. The following parts were replaced by another technician but has yet to fix the problem. (BICU, Driver board, Wrap Clutches, Sensor, Gear/Motor assembly, paper guide, and paper feed unit.) I have verified the sensor changes state with input checks. Verified feed is working with output check. Today I updated all the firmware and ran an engine memory clear. Also reseated all the connectors to both boards. At this point I suspect the problem is more to do with logic than mechanical malfunction. Plan on replacing the BICU NVRam as my next step. Anyone ever run into this same issue?
    Hi,
    I know this bringing up quite an old post but I'm have exact same problem with 017 jams from tray 2. I've replaced the spring clutches and feed roller/Sep pad. Checked sensors all OK.
    Next step I was going to take was to replace motor but found this post so wondered if there was a known fix.
    Tia
    Ben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk