Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Supervisor 50+ Posts Itsthepaper's Avatar

Aficio SP C232 sf *** Label Printing Issue ***

Trying to print labels and the quality didn't look good with plain paper setting. So I changed to label setting on the mainbody and on the printer in the PS driver, I selected Auto detect and also tried to point to tray 1 which is the tray that was set for labels. So the problem is that it doesn't print, machine hangs up and Process message blinks. I also tried thick paper setting and same issue.

I'm a tech but only work on Konicaminolta, this Ricoh is my personal machine.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Love the Job Love the Work.

Re: Aficio SP C232 sf *** Label Printing Issue ***

Tried the bypass?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

haha - im a ricoh tech and there is no way I would buy one of those beasts....! Throw it away and buy a KM machine dude - sorry I cant be more help...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Aficio SP C232 sf   *** Label Printing Issue ***

Have you tried using the PCL driver?

PCL driver doesn't have any settings to change paper types. Only PS has settings to change paper types.

haha - im a ricoh tech and there is no way I would buy one of those beasts....! Throw it away and buy a KM machine dude - sorry I cant be more help...

Smee, this machine was for free.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

I'm also a Ricoh tech and I have one (just the printer version but still...). When I've done labels I generally run them from the bypass (one at a time, slow I know but I never really trust labels) and set to either label or cardstock. This model really doesn't seem to like dual use (inkjet and laser) labels. You may want to try pure laser labels and see if you get a different result.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

May I ask why you feel the SP C232SF is not the best machine? I have a customer that uses it very heavily and has not had any real problems. Maybe he is lucky? I would like to know in advance any isues that might come up. Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If the machine was free Id certainly grab it...I kinda opened my mouth before I thought about what I was writing.

Ive had no luck with them and I hate them with a passion (almost as much as the AF3224) - every single one of these ive seen has had fusing issues, jamming issues and the toner/drum assy never seems to last before the toner runs out....the drum fails before running out of toner so the client wants a free toner replacement. The fuser has a plastic bracket that ALWAYS breaks when the client gets a jam - cant buy the bracket gotta get the whole fuser, and its not cheap. Weird scanning issues coming out blue which was eventually a firmware fix, the interface is user un-friendly, to get into service mode takes a lot of patience and even to do something simple like firmware is aprocess in itself!.....in my experience they are just a horrible nasty little machine with lotsa werid faults and Im pretty sure they are made by a third party, not even Ricoh. And they are a PIG to take apart on site!

But id definately take one if it was handed to me for free.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itsthepaper View Post
    Trying to print labels and the quality didn't look good with plain paper setting. So I changed to label setting on the mainbody and on the printer in the PS driver, I selected Auto detect and also tried to point to tray 1 which is the tray that was set for labels. So the problem is that it doesn't print, machine hangs up and Process message blinks. I also tried thick paper setting and same issue.

I'm a tech but only work on Konicaminolta, this Ricoh is my personal machine.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm not sure why you're having an issue printing, it doesn't sound from your post that you are getting a mismatch. I have the 232dn as a personal printer at home and use the PCL driver with no issues using different stocks. When printing on labels, use the Thick setting instead of Labels. Thick setting will adjust the fuser temp and print speed to ensure proper fusing to the label paper, Label setting is only a moniker for reference and doesn't make any compensation for the thicker stock. I would recommend trying the PCL driver and setting the paper type to Thick in the machines paper type menu and on the driver.