Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seting up machine to automatically fax copy count each month

I currently setup our Toshiba's to fax or email our customers copy counts to us each month. Are most Ricoh's capable of this? If so how would you set this up in a 1515,2020 OR A c2500?

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Using the Embedded @Remote service is your best bet, although it doesn't automatically fax you the count. Rather, you log into a system and either view the count or, if you have several machines you are monitoring, download a CSV file which contains the information... um, I'm not sure if its available in Canada though.

If your also a Ricoh dealer, I would suggest checking the TSSC website for set-up info. If your not a Ricoh dealer, then you wont be able to use the service.

There is also the web image monitor, access through the machines IP address. I know you can set-up toner, jam and SC code condition e-mails through this. Not sure about copy counts though.

If you are part of a Ricoh dealer though, I will be happy to assist you in setting up the Embedded system.

I am a tech at ricoh/toshiba dealership. I have checked the TSC site and looked through many manuals, but so far have not came across what I'm looking for. The @ remote service would not help unfortunately.

The things is our customers either fax,email or call in the monthly count on the machines for billing purposes. On the Toshiba's I can setup the option in service mode to have the machine either email or fax us the count automatically on a certain date every month (assuming they are connected or have a fax installed). We are simply trying to make sure we get the counts on time and avoid the hassle for the customer.

Any other idea's or have you seen such a thing setup on a Ricoh machine?

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Nope... not that I know of. @Remote is the only solution I know of. Maybe someone else does, that has a lot more experience on Ricohs.

Embedded is the way to go though, if there connected anyway. I have a few embedded machines I track for our dealership plus one appliance. Right now, I prefer the embedded systems.

sd

Anyone else?

tonyd

hello

how about websmart device monitor. its a free download and can be used for auto meter readings, toner low, toner empty etc

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Seting up machine to automatically fax copy count each month

It's a hog of a download.60+megs, then will the customers archetecture let it in the fire wall??
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Hey Tonerbomb!! Any other idea's?

tonyd

hello

i have websmart device monitor running in quite a few sites and setup was easy. have had no firewall problems and in all customers it emails accounts and us with meter readings. only downfall is with the older colour technology it doesnt split the meter reading(colour and black)

Only thing I could find in Ricoh site is SmartDevice not Websmart. Do you guys have a link I could download it at?