Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP-C3300 password reset

Re: Ricoh MP-C3300 password reset

Quote Originally Posted by BFtech View Post
    I cannot web in with web image monitor ...... only on copier......and you cannot change the admin stuff w/o logging into wim
    I'm not quite clear on what you are able to do. As Jomama46 stated, if you (or copyguy) can log in to User Tools directly on the device with Supervisor, then you can go to Administrator Management and reset the current login/password (that is the only function that Supervisor mode can do). Once you reset it, log out and back in with the new Admin settings. You can then turn off authentication. Any setting changes you do through the WIM can be done from the operation panel.

NVRAM replacement is NOT the only solution, when you don't know supervisor's and admin's password. The procedure is a bit complicated, but it works on many Ricoh machines - this is the last thing you can do before NVRAM replacement for this case. If you need to do it, send me PM or e-mail:nasko@copysoft.net.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nasko.ruse View Post
    NVRAM replacement is NOT the only solution, when you don't know supervisor's and admin's password. The procedure is a bit complicated, but it works on many Ricoh machines - this is the last thing you can do before NVRAM replacement for this case. If you need to do it, send me PM or e-mail:nasko@copysoft.net.
    Why don't you post it here. If you know a way to reset the Supervisor account without replacing the NVRAM we can all benefit from it.

Or is it maybe an illegal method?

I don't know which method can be illegal - nothing is replaced, removed or changed. Only all passwords are cleared, nothing is lost. I did it last week on Ricoh 5560. Soon I will try on another machines, but there is no reason not to work. Only some service skills are required - entering Service Mode, executing SP's. If someone have machine with lost passwords I will try to help - for free

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I dont think the factory password should be posted on an open board such as this but I think we would all like to try your innovative method.
    Alternatively my email address is listed here. send it to me please.
    Do not PM anything as pms on this board are not private

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Jomamma, you have an email.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Sorry, highjacking the thread for a moment...

Well, now if a factory password would help me out, that would be awesome. I posted this a few weeks back in the printers forum, got some help, but nothing that provided the needed answer.

I've got a lost password for logging in through the Web interface of my Ricoh color printer, Ricoh Aficio SP C222DN. I can still get in through the Smart Organizing Monitor software, but would REALLY prefer to be able to log-in through the web interface and get rid of this SOM software.

I've tried to find methods to reset the admin password, but printers don't seem to have a Supervisor account. If this method would work for me, I'd be ever grateful! Been looking to unlock this thing for a number of years now. Only method I've been given so far that's guaranteed is NVRAM replacement, and frankly I don't want to spend the money on it, as the price vs. convenience ratio is not in line with each other. Nor is the time I'd need to spend to program in the factory settings all over again.

Thanks for any help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Sorry, highjacking the thread for a moment...

Well, now if a factory password would help me out, that would be awesome. I posted this a few weeks back in the printers forum, got some help, but nothing that provided the needed answer.

I've got a lost password for logging in through the Web interface of my Ricoh color printer, Ricoh Aficio SP C222DN. I can still get in through the Smart Organizing Monitor software, but would REALLY prefer to be able to log-in through the web interface and get rid of this SOM software.

I've tried to find methods to reset the admin password, but printers don't seem to have a Supervisor account. If this method would work for me, I'd be ever grateful! Been looking to unlock this thing for a number of years now. Only method I've been given so far that's guaranteed is NVRAM replacement, and frankly I don't want to spend the money on it, as the price vs. convenience ratio is not in line with each other. Nor is the time I'd need to spend to program in the factory settings all over again.

Thanks for any help!
    The SPC222dn is not manufactured by Ricoh (Brother is the OEM I believe), so it doesn't have the same authentication. The default login through the web interface is login=Admin* (cap the 'A'), leave the password blank. If it's been changed from default then you can reset the printer back to factory defaults (including the password) by selecting Menu>System>System Defaults.

*If Admin doesn't work, try Admin074. I have a spc232dn at home and it uses "Admin", but the 222 model may use "Admin074" (same as the SOM access code).
    Last edited by teebee1234; 01-16-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    The SPC222dn is not manufactured by Ricoh (Brother is the OEM I believe), so it doesn't have the same authentication. The default login through the web interface is login=Admin* (cap the 'A'), leave the password blank. If it's been changed from default then you can reset the printer back to factory defaults (including the password) by selecting Menu>System>System Defaults.

*If Admin doesn't work, try Admin074. I have a spc232dn at home and it uses "Admin", but the 222 model may use "Admin074" (same as the SOM access code).
    As I figured. The login was definately Admin, and the password was changed, by myself, but I must have fat-fingered the keys or something when I changed it. Upon changing it, I was never again able to log in through the web interface, even after trying all possible combinations of miss-typing I could come up with.

I'm pretty sure that I had tried doing the factory defaults thing before with no luck, but I gave it another go. YEAH! back to logging in to the web interface for me... Leaving the default password of nothing in place...

Many thanks, been locked out of that for a few years now...
    Last edited by femaster; 01-17-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Did reset, answered my own question, so removed it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar

There is no way around the supervisor name having a password set. I've heard of people putting the NVRAM in the socket upside down which is supposed to reset it but I've not tried it myself!