Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

paper Jam in Duplex in 3345

Hi,

I have problem with Ricoh 3345 machine while copying the duplex multiple copies. i have cleaned the sensors,paper path and also checked the presure roller etc.

Please help in this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: paper Jam in Duplex in 3345

You had the scanner off to check the interchange unit?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

My first piece of advice to you is include every available piece of information you can when asking for advice with fault finding, what you have offered so far is sketchy at best and is pretty much how I would expect an end-user to describe a fault to me, not a fellow tech.

I can't see the machine, I can't see it's service history, jam log, copy quality and general condition therefore if you want me to help you then you are going to have to provide this information.

Sorry if that was a little curt... but that's the deal, help me help you.

1/ Does is jam every time every copy? Or very frequently or very intermittently? Does the machine jam from every paper cassette on every paper size it's loaded with?

2/ What locations in the jam history is the machine reporting the jams? Is it always in the same place? You mention when you are doing multiple duplex copies, does one duplex copy go through ok?

3/ Is the machine creasing/dogearing/skewing the paper or is it simply just stopping? Do you hear the sound of paper creasing while the machine is running?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Also... to clarify are we talking about a 3245c (Model J C2 colour machine) or a 3045 (Adonis C4 mono machine)? As far as I'm aware there is no such machine as a 3345?

Technician

Re: paper Jam in Duplex in MP 3350

I am so sorry it is MP3350, It is jamming in Interchange Unit Type3350 (D371)
    with By Pass,
    1st and 2nd tray also,

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Did you check all juction gates. The jam history can tell you more about which sensor is registering the jam.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Ok... you told me what model of machine you're looking at which is a start I suppose...

From experience with these machines I'd say check the inverter gate (D369-4664) tab hasn't broken off where the solenoid contacts it, also check that the guide plate that this gate fits into hasn't broken where it's mounting screws are.

If these are broken it will cause a constant "concertina" type jam between the fuser exit and the broken gate in question.

Also I have had the two mylar guides in the duplex unit paper transport (on the reverse of the main duplex cover) been either deformed enough to introduce skew (and by extension registration jams) on the second side or completely out of position in a U-shape around the driven shaft where the cover hasn't been refitted correctly.

I'm going to ask the same questions I asked you in my previous post, you are the person with eyes and hands on this machine and this is your customer, I am thousands of miles away from you trying to help you fault find a machine that only exists as words on a screen to me, put me in the picture about what is going on with this machine....

1/ Does is jam every time every copy? Or very frequently or very intermittently? Does the machine jam from every paper cassette on every paper size it's loaded with?

2/ What locations in the jam history is the machine reporting the jams? Is it always in the same place? You mention when you are doing multiple duplex copies, does one duplex copy go through ok?

3/ Is the machine creasing/dogearing/skewing the paper or is it simply just stopping? Do you hear the sound of paper creasing while the machine is running?

Technician

Thanks guys for your reply, i change interchange unit old one.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

If you know which sensor is registering the jam (see jam history. Print out SP5-990-04) then you should know the cause of the jams. Jams on this machine aren't difficult to troubleshoot.

I once had a car that wouldn't start...

Turns out I needed a key.