Hi all

After about 4 hours searching for answers and about 20 driver uninstall/reinstalls I've not been able to solve this one.

I have a (Sony Vaio F series) laptop running windows 7 x64 on which I've installed the PCL 6 drivers. After going to "printing preferences" / "Valid access", I can enter the User code, but the Apply button does not become active. The User Code will stay in there only until I hit OK and then if I go back into "printing preferences" and check, it's empty again.

Strangely I have a second (e-machines) laptop running the same (Windows 7 x64, PCL 6 drivers) for which the user code is saved fine. It's actually the same (newest) version of the driver running on each machine.

The closest reported problem I found was in this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...dont-save.html
... But it's not quite the same issue and the answers didn't solve my problem (other options DO save properly, I've never been able to save the user code on this machine, PCL 5 drivers behave in exactly the same way).

I did manage to get the universal driver to save the code but it doesn't seem to support the printer well (no colour!) so it's not a practical solution. And I'd rather not go down the dead-end that is RPCS.

I'm stuck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Glenn