Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copierman 250+ Posts
    3035 (ld 245) fusing trouble

3035 (ld 245) fusing trouble

Hi guys, anyone had troubles on these machines whereas the fuser does not fuse corrrectly. for example when i do an smc report, the lines continue to the edge of the page, improper fusing, udated firmware and changed reload temp as per rtb, any ideas?

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Sounds to me like the developer has become over toned. Our guys have had a lot of these, in past, with one just last week. For the life of me though I cannot remember how we resolved this. Might be because it's so early in the morning here. I will ask one of our other guys at the shop, this morning, and reply back with specifics on the repair later, because I know it has to do with resetting some SP values and I just want to make sure I don't give out lame advice.

Was the machine recently PM'd. If so, was the firmware updated before or after the PM. Most likely though, what happened, if a PM was recently performed, is that the proper procedures were not done when initializing the developer.

At our shop we run about 30 copies of the Ricoh/Savin test chart, before a bottle of toner is put in the machine and the Dev Init is performed. This de-tones the dev a bit and since we have been doing this, we have had great luck with the machines running very clean. This goes for new machines, wholesale and current field machines.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

fuser problems ld245

Quote Originally Posted by leo34staffs View Post
    Hi guys, anyone had troubles on these machines whereas the fuser does not fuse corrrectly. for example when i do an smc report, the lines continue to the edge of the page, improper fusing, udated firmware and changed reload temp as per rtb, any ideas?
    I had that problem about six months ago. There is a modification to the fuser frame which solves the problem. You will need to order the modified fuser frame as well as a modified cover and two new modified pressure levers. Refer to mb195012 on the tessa support site for more info. Hope this helps