Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts redneckstylin's Avatar

mpc 2800 very light colors blk is minty

hey all got a mpc2800 has gone into a couple codes recently sc267 and 263......arggggggggg
    reboot everytime it goes loading toner but very light colors

blk is mint like perfect all the other colors are faded and look like crap...

any input would be great

have replaced pcus and dv units with new dev inside

now remember this is cmy not k ....k is perfect
    i looked at part manual but each dv clutch is seperate i was leaning towards a clucth that controlled cmy......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: mpc 2800 very light colors blk is minty

You might want to look at the ITB assy and the cam mechanism in the rear frame. When making B/W prints, the CMY transfer rollers are cammed away from the PCU's, and cam up during color printing. Look under the belt and make sure the transfer rollers are in place and spring loaded on both ends and check the camming operation with an output check (5-804-95 ITB Contact Motor). Also, can you confirm the SC errors you posted, I could not locate them.

sorry sc 363 and 367 been a rough day all sc codes looking the same today lol

so i went to clients took back of machine apart looked at clutches did output checks ect everything seems to be in spec i dont get it 363 again as soon as somebody prints color............all colors blanking still .......what bothers me is all the colors run on seperate clutches and motors blk is perfect what drives cmy on 1 single clutch,motor,sensor it definately is a cmy issue......

anyhelp will be appreciated ill have a virtual beer on the net with someone once i get this machine going argggggg

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

as said before check the cam mech as it lifts onto the belt when colour is needed but lowers when black is used only to save wear on the belt. I had this same effect, as a previous engineer removed the cam from the belt as the motor was faulty to cheat it. c,m,y missing but black perfect - new cam section cured it.

problem solved i hope

...............................used machine...................................toner end turned off.......eating devolperafter it ate through toner arrgggggg

thanks for the heads up guys and helpful answers this forum rocks

Technician

hi there!

I ve had almost same issue on a mpc 3000 and mpc 2500 (cs367).See my thread posted few days ago. Could you give me some more details about the problem. Thanks!

sp 3045 i think it was toner end it on or off......if off it will eat the dv and leave a serious case of blankness lol that the issue with buying and selling used machines.........argggggg

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

It's always a good idea to run a SMC of non- default settings when receiving used machines. Usually the list is short and can point to potential issues like the one you had.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redneckstylin View Post
    sp 3045 i think it was toner end it on or off......if off it will eat the dv and leave a serious case of blankness lol that the issue with buying and selling used machines.........argggggg
    Someone probably turned it off because this machine has an issue with the toner units, theres a bullitin on it, if it runs to the end of toner and you replace the bottle the toner end wouldn't clear out, the only way to clear it was to turn off the end detection however your supposed to update the problem part and turn the end detection back on, someone probably just turned it off to clear it and didnt turn it back on.