Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: af toner issues

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

af toner issues

ricoh 2035 toner issue
    I been looking at an af 2035 (yes i know it's an old dog) Customer put in a new toner but still asking for toner. Bottle spins toner drops into dev unit but still asks for toner.dev'd m/c but throughs up sc391 .replaced td sensor same thing. TD sensor shows toner in dev low.It seems to be stuck in a loop . Manual suggests maybe i/o board .Any idea's ...? Been working on this range of m/c for 15 years so starting to get a bit personnel . Many thanks Jon

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: af toner issues

Have you checked the door switches above the fuser? Getting toner in those will cause all kinds of strange and wondrous issues that no amount of logic can deter or solve. There was a bulletin for this model or the e series successor for this issue, but it affected the whole range. Good luck with it!

tell me what exactly happend first did machine revealed toner signal 2- or machine have blurred image more detalis please. if sc391 revealed it's devolper threat replace devolper and use another toner and don't forget to take off bottle form machine

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    tell me what exactly happend first did machine revealed toner signal 2- or machine have blurred image more detalis please
    Hi m/c just ran out of toner and saw bottle it was empty. Goes through routine of adding toner bottle spins but no good ..even chucked toner into dev unit still no good.

ok see what happend i will tell some how put toner manually into devolper tank but some little then tell me what happened
    Last edited by vargue; 01-31-2012 at 09:17 PM.

buttalasso

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Hi m/c just ran out of toner and saw bottle it was empty. Goes through routine of adding toner bottle spins but no good ..even chucked toner into dev unit still no good.
    The same thing happened to me on a 3045. The client told me the toner was just changed, but the old one was not empty; so, I disassembled the toner hopper and I didn't found the four mylar that help the toner to exit from the hopper. Replacing them, the machine worked fine.

I hope it could help you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for help. Managed to sort it by doing a memory all clear .Had to redev but set up a treat .Good as new ....... Cheers