Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SC 320

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SC 320

hello guys,please ASSIST!i have a pro 1357 showing sc320,talks about dev bias connections,the MFP has done 3.5 million copies,the pm was due and had carried the parts,fitted but the sc occurs as soon as warming up starts,tested the power pack at another machine and it worked,checked the cables seems ok,any ideas? the client has just spent $6000 !!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: SC 320

Check that the harness for the registration motor hasn't rubbed through on an adjacent bracket. This will cause the loss of one of the +24V lines and therefore the bias power pack stops working and the error occurs. Been there, done that several times. The firs time I saw this it took me about 5 hours to pin it down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks zed,i,m on it,will give you a feed back

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i checked the connections and connectors but still couldn't pin the problem down,could it be something to do with the power supply?

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Check to see if you are loosing one of the +24V lines on the power supply, then trace it down to the harness and then the component. When I have experienced the issue the harness from the registration motor was rubbing against a bracket and had worn through the insulation just enough to short the motor to chassis. I'm talking specifically about the piece of harness directly plugged into the motor. The wear isn't always extreme, just enough to expose some wire on even just one lead. This causes the over-current protection in the PSU to shut down +24V. When this happens you usually see the SC320, though it is possible to get other codes to pop up dependant on the conditions during start up.