Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Green and red start key flashing

Hi all
    i have an mpc2500 with a start key flashing red and green.
    Can anyone help?
    Dave.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Green and red start key flashing

Any other symptoms? Dead LCD? Please wait on the screen?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Does it say Please Wait on the screen? Generally a flashing red and green start key indicates that someone has tried to perform and operation (copy, scan, etc.) while the machine is still starting up, or in the warm-up state. Does Ready ever display on the screen?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Does it say Please Wait on the screen? Generally a flashing red and green start key indicates that someone has tried to perform and operation (copy, scan, etc.) while the machine is still starting up, or in the warm-up state. Does Ready ever display on the screen?
    I did 107 it and it worked for 17 copies then it just went to normal screen and the start key started flashing red/green and I froze agai

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    I did 107 it and it worked for 17 copies then it just went to normal screen and the start key started flashing red/green and I froze agai
    Check any options (print, scan, fax, etc.) see if you can get into each (or any) of them. It almost sounds like possibly a memory or hard drive problem. Could be something else as well, but I've seen strange things like this caused by problems with Mem or HDD.

First, disconnect the HDD power and SATA cables and see if the machine has the same issue. If it does, re-attach the HDD and then try pulling the FAX module if one is installed. If that doesn't work, swap out the RAM (not NVRAM) if you have a spare or a stick of the same type and size from another machine.

Hopefully one of those tests will narrow down the problem.

HDD_RAM.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Green and red start key flashing

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Check any options (print, scan, fax, etc.) see if you can get into each (or any) of them. It almost sounds like possibly a memory or hard drive problem. Could be something else as well, but I've seen strange things like this caused by problems with Mem or HDD.

First, disconnect the HDD power and SATA cables and see if the machine has the same issue. If it does, re-attach the HDD and then try pulling the FAX module if one is installed. If that doesn't work, swap out the RAM (not NVRAM) if you have a spare or a stick of the same type and size from another machine.

Hopefully one of those tests will narrow down the problem.

HDD_RAM.jpg
    Hiya.

I had this and found it was a corrupt HDD. I just reformatted it and it solved it.