Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

High workload due lines on mpc's

Hi all
    I'm wondering if you have a theory how it comes that when it's cold manny of the MPC's have
    problems with lines

there is a verry high workload in belgium due these weather conditions!

someone hava an explanations how it comes that when it's cold that mannu pcu's giving lines?
    where you from? also high workload?

thanks
    greetz

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: High workload due lines on mpc's

Weather affects the MPC kit quite badly. Cold weather gives you lines, warm weather breaks touch screens. It's as if the temperature and humidity sensor in the machine goes scatty in inclement weather conditions. Only thing to do is order in a shitload of PCU's I'm afraid.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Weather affects the MPC kit quite badly. Cold weather gives you lines, warm weather breaks touch screens. It's as if the temperature and humidity sensor in the machine goes scatty in inclement weather conditions. Only thing to do is order in a shitload of PCU's I'm afraid.
    im afraid that soon the PCU's will be in BACK ORDER in Holland
    greetz

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Cold weather dries the air out. Low humidity generally puts a little more static around, and with a machine that uses static electricity as one of its major methods of generating an image, bad things can happen. I've always seen copy quality issues with machines in cold environments once the relative humidity gets to about 17% or below.

You can try a humidifier in the same room to help bring the levels up.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

I would agree on the static issue seems static causes a lot of problems the drier the air is, paper seems to jam more, you get more optic dust, and line issues. I know the service manuals say they operate at like 15%-80% humidity but i think they prefer around 50%-60%, I know we have a lot of office spaces where the air is dry and very dusty we try to strongly recommend putting a humidifer in the room with the machine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Its good to see Ricoh dosent discriminate.In Australia we have this problem every winter every call is copy quality and within 3 weeks everything goes on to back order.only way around it for us is we all increase our safety stock to 12 of each 6 weeks before winter starts.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

Over the last 3 years Ricoh have lost the plot, ripping of customers and dealers alike with poor quality products, and not taking resposibility for there failings. Then having the cheek to put up consumable prices !

Do you think Mr Ricoh is bothered about selling shed loads of Pcu's.

Do you think i moan to much. Or should i just chill and say sod it !!!!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm not a trained tech but have ben maintaning many MPC models for years now. Lines have been a constant problem for me espec. in the winter. I allways thought it had something to do with the lub. bar substance getting on the charg roll. When I get a call on this problem I will clean the charge roll, cleaner blade, and remove the drum to vacuum the lub brush and the top of the lub bar. A lot of work but I cant afford to replace a PCU before it gets 100K on it.