Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders Nilsson View Post
    The transfer belt is like a Transparency film you should be able to look through it, when it's worn you can see white lines on it.There will always be white lines when its used but if they are too many and the belt itself become's "untransparent" the automatic line position adjustement fail's and you will experience bad sync between the colors.When you change this belt remember to change the clean.brush and blade too also clean the metal roller that is in the upper end of the unit "ID Sensors use's this reflection as reference when adjusting line position and image quality" it shall be "Mirror surface".But when you do this take your time and don't rush you'll se that this machine will be a well working unit again and while you'r at it upgrade the firmware in the machine ,a lot happen's in three year's.Good luck
    Your's sincerely
    Anders
    The ITB on these devices is worth spending quite a bit of time refurbing.

Take the belt off puff of all the dust you can find. clean the metal rollers at either end untill like anders say they are totally cleaned up and shiny i find using alcohol is the best to clean. Then with water clean all the other rubber and plastic rollers. The ITB once cleaned up and a new belt and a new cleaning unit is put on don't forget to clean the three id sensors which are in the top left hand side of the inside of the machine.
    The it requires set up make sure you run line adjust a few times and check the result.

As well as a good quality print it can speed up the machine when running as the machine doesn't take quite as long to recalbriate. Trust me customers will notice.

Technician
    i think it is drum's problem ,if the magenta drum is good, you can change
    eachother(c and m) then if the cyan lines disappears and the magenta
    starts , change a new drum,and you'll find the world is still wonderful.^^

Technician

Thanks...

Thanks for your replies...the machine is in "limbo" right now as I work on other projects, but I'll keep you posted as to its progress.

The Tenor Man