Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ricoh 1022 letterhead jams

customer is getting jams from their bottom tray which is the 4th tray every few copies. this has been a problem ever since using leterheads, its fine on normal paper. i have changed the feed roller and the friction pad together but the after a months its starts jamming.

i have cleaned the black side roller when u open the lower right door and that seems to sort it. but the it jams again after a few days.

i have used the white friction pad which is mainly used on tray 2. but still jams

the lower door is fine and the magnets on the door are attached like they should. and the door hinges are not broken.

what is the white friction pad used for? why does tray 2 have a white friction pad? and the rest tray 1,3 and 4 have the brown pads.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: ricoh 1022 letterhead jams

Had similar problem a long time ago same M/C. From memory turned out whoever printed their letterheads had put a coating on the paper during their printing process. if we cleaned the tyre's 2 weeks later jamming again.we changed over to another cassette and same problem.

copierman 250+ Posts
    ricoh 1022 letterhead jams

Re: ricoh 1022 letterhead jams

I believe its called "anti-set-off spray powder" that the litho printers put on each sheet to help the ink dry. We had a customer with the same issue, we spoke to the printers who then used less powder, problem solved.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential