Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: high voltage

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

high voltage

hi, i have 3pcs of high voltage for aficio 2045 and 2units aficio 2045 machine. i tried the 3pcs high voltage to machine 1 and the error was sc395 then i tried again the 3pcs high voltage to machine 2 the error was sc302. i jumpered the fuse of the high voltage but the same error occurs. may i know the cause why high voltage malfunctions and how it can be fixed? or is there another solution to fix the errors above? i already replaced the charge roller. hope you can help. thank you.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: high voltage

These are all high voltage errors. You said you jumpered a fuse? Did you bypass the fuse? That's asking for trouble. Never bypass a fuse! They installed it for a reason. If replacing boards doesn't solve it the cause can also be damaged wiring or poor contacts in the PCU Unit or Development Unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks. i jumpered the fuse because i thought it was a blown fuse that is causing the codes. we can't buy that kind of fuse here. it was just a temporary solution. based on the sm the possible cause of both codes is a deffective high voltage. any solution how to fix the high voltage? or perhaps any other ways to solve this problem? please help. thank you.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    high voltage

Before I started swapping boards and bypassing fuses I would have tried an easier approach to isolate the problem, like installing another PCU and dev unit as Eric suggested. Just a thought.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Before I started swapping boards and bypassing fuses I would have tried an easier approach to isolate the problem, like installing another PCU and dev unit as Eric suggested. Just a thought.
    thank you. i did that already and the problem really is the high voltage board. can the high voltage board still be repaired? any inputs how or which part of the hv board normally causes it to malfunction?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    high voltage

Just replace the board

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ok. thank you for your replies. more power to you all.