Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aficiao mp1600l

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: aficiao mp1600l

Cool!

Talking Re: aficiao mp1600l

Quote Originally Posted by slybot View Post
    hi everyone

i have got this machine that is doing what i have posted in the sample, and only through the doc feeder. when the original feds through you can hear the leading edge of the paper click as it goes across the slit glass like it is catching on something but it isn't (no evidence of it whatsoever). have checked the guides. doc feeder height. white plate brackets, but everything looks good. any ideas?

hey polarbear and anyone else that viewed this

got it sorted. was a combination of a lot of things. people (bloody teachers) leaning on the left front corner of the machine causing skew, pushing down on the doc feeder with books on the glass and twisting it (white plate brackets bent, cover door hinges slightly broken, partly broken platen glass and the list goes on. finally got it back to the workshop after we replaced the POS xerox machine with a lanier and got it sorted. thanks for the help. definately gave me a point of reference. incidently the main machine is the xerox which we through parts left and right at it and it is still stuffed. as above mentioned was replaced with something decent and reliable and is in the workshop waiting for a smashing with a crobar, sledgehammer and anything else i can find (throw in a few beers at the time) :-)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

SlybotGlad you got it fixed man! Thanks for the feedback!My bad for not mentioning the scanner being bent, eversince the AF1018 they had that weak spot. The AF1045 through MP series with same design also suffered the same fate, as people either leant on the scanner frame or put heavy books on, that buckled it out of alignment. The only way to check, was when you have the df up, and tap on the copy glass (as glass cannot be bent or skew), if it rattles, the frame is bent!Well done once again!

hey polarbear,

i was so glad to get it back to the customer. it still had the slightest 'nick' in the copy but i had to use a test chart to see it and even then you had to look for it. i told the admin manager of the school about what caused it and she ripped the teachers a new one (if you get my drift)....... like the idea of the tapping the glass though; would never have thought of that. thanx heaps for the advice; hope i can give you advice someday

still havent destroyed the xerox yet. DAMN!..keep forgetting about it as its been buried behind a whole pile of crap. its days are numbered but. HA hows that; a pile of crap being hidden by a pile of crap! such irony!!