Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aficiao mp1600l

aficiao mp1600l

hi everyone

i have got this machine that is doing what i have posted in the sample, and only through the doc feeder. when the original feds through you can hear the leading edge of the paper click as it goes across the slit glass like it is catching on something but it isn't (no evidence of it whatsoever). have checked the guides. doc feeder height. white plate brackets, but everything looks good. any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: aficiao mp1600l

Slybot

Check if the df is sitting square in the scanner frame. You can check this by looking down the right side frame of the scanner. These df hinges are soft and we have had them bend because people move the machine by pushing against the df, and this bends it, which causes the white metal guide (that normally rests in the slit glass cavity, to be out of alignment, and this could be why your page is hitting the slit glass and/or cover, which causes the buckle in the original and produces the visible distortion on the copy.

You can also double-check by lifting the df slightly, while looking at the slit glass area. The white metal guide should easily fit into the area above the slit glass. If it compresses prematurely, then the df is out of alignment and you need to check the hinges.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Slybot

Check if the df is sitting square in the scanner frame. You can check this by looking down the right side frame of the scanner. These df hinges are soft and we have had them bend because people move the machine by pushing against the df, and this bends it, which causes the white metal guide (that normally rests in the slit glass cavity, to be out of alignment, and this could be why your page is hitting the slit glass and/or cover, which causes the buckle in the original and produces the visible distortion on the copy.

You can also double-check by lifting the df slightly, while looking at the slit glass area. The white metal guide should easily fit into the area above the slit glass. If it compresses prematurely, then the df is out of alignment and you need to check the hinges.
    hey polarbear.

i will check the vertical side of it (we are talking about teachers after all) have done the whole compression of the white plate with the traditional piece of paper on the 'feet' of the white plate so to speak. the admin manager of the school didnt even know it had the problem, but they are a loyal customer so want to try to get it right. thanx for the reply. (ssssshhhh about the teachers thing ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Slybot

this is their 'teacher one off' copier so when i get the big m/c up and running properly (thanx X quality control) i might take it back to the w/s)

Slybot

No sweat!

What I meant was that the frame of the df must sit square on the frame of the scanner. If not you get gremlins like what you have, or worse jamming or torn/bent originals!

Please give me feedback on what fixed it!

will do polarbear. we are all top notch but we're not to proud to ask for help :-)

I learnt that early on in this game! Why re-invent the wheel?

Slybot

did you get it fixed?

hey polarbear

haven't had a welks chance in a supernova of getting back to it. (have been flat out with the ATM's and supermarkets etc); but will see if i can get the machine back to the workshop and muck around with it when i get the motor in main machine replaced. will certainly keep you posted

polarbear

will certainly check on the hinges when i get it back to the w/s. you have just jogged my mind to a mita fault all those years ago (cant remember what it was but was due to a hinge/frame fault)