Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Systems Intergrator 50+ Posts rgcs1's Avatar

Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

Hi all, just wondered if anyone got the latest version of Goose's Guide 2012 Please I don't remember seeing one since November 2011.
    Many thanks in advance

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

Re: Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

It's current date is 2-8-12.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rgcs1 View Post
    Hi all, just wondered if anyone got the latest version of Goose's Guide 2012 Please I don't remember seeing one since November 2011.
    Many thanks in advance

With all due respect, it's only 3 months old. How much new information do you really expect to get out of it? I'm sure that Zed or one of the many other very generous techs will offer it up when they feel like it. That said, it never hurts to "give" a little and not just "get" all the time. I've noticed that over 1/2 of your 22 posts are directly related to Goose Guide.
    Just my opinion

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

For those who just can't live without it:

GG 2-8-2012_2.xls.zip

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    With all due respect, it's only 3 months old. How much new information do you really expect to get out of it? ... That said, it never hurts to "give" a little and not just "get" all the time. ...
    Some of my thoughts exactly Sandmanmac. Goose's Guide is a sort of 'pet project' if you will and is only updated when possible, we should be happy there is such a thing at all never mind clamouring for it. I'm happy to put it up but I don't keep a close eye on the latest releases either.

Speaking of the giving, aside from the occasional post in the 'Rants, Raves and Everything Else' much of what I do here is try to give. I think you'd find I don't ask too many questions around here (and frankly the ones I have asked haven't netted me much assistance). I'd definitely like to see more 'helpers' and fewer 'takers', and not just here - everywhere in life!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Some of my thoughts exactly Sandmanmac. Goose's Guide is a sort of 'pet project' if you will and is only updated when possible, we should be happy there is such a thing at all never mind clamouring for it. I'm happy to put it up but I don't keep a close eye on the latest releases either.

Speaking of the giving, aside from the occasional post in the 'Rants, Raves and Everything Else' much of what I do here is try to give. I think you'd find I don't ask too many questions around here (and frankly the ones I have asked haven't netted me much assistance). I'd definitely like to see more 'helpers' and fewer 'takers', and not just here - everywhere in life!
    No, I don't see many questions from you, but TONS of excellent advice, and resources, and it is greatly appreciated by most of us! I like to think I give back AT LEAST as much as I take from this site- obviously at a lower technical level than someone like yourself, but nevertheless, we've all got experiences, and history to fall back on, and it all adds up, and when added together, it makes for a great problem solving community, especially for us independents that have been cut off from the manufacturers.
    There just seems to be more and more "I want", "I need", from users that have never so much as taken the time to even google an SC code, or invest in a basic reference manual, much less offer any useful advice in this forum in return for what they take.
    So there's my rant on the subject, and I feel better for it.
    Thanks again for all the great resources and advice you provide.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

I agree with some of the sentiments above, in that a source like this can only work if there are (at least) as many givers as what there are takers. If everybody just "wants", then this project will fall flat quickly!

I feel one should at least make an effort to answer 2 posts (with credible info) for every question you ask. That way, the forum stays alive.

I see this way of thinking on other type topic forums and they tick over nicely without knife twisting and bitching parades going round.

I understand that the nature of our jobs is time dependant and because of that inherently stressful, but it is not fair to take that stress out on others who are trying to assist.

Just my 2c worth.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh Goose's Guide 2012

Agreed, I check the site a few times a day for new posts (yes I'm sick lol) that maybe I can help with, if feedback I give helps great, if not, well maybe it will help someone else. I've asked a couple Q's, and have gotten pretty good responses.

Systems Intergrator 50+ Posts rgcs1's Avatar

I Would just like to say, for the certain people that are bitching, that it's suppose to be all about sharing information on here to make our lives easier, i'm always willing to offer any help/assistance i can, whether it's SC codes or Manuals or any technical/network support, unfortunally working for a dealership you never get the full information like we did from Ricoh, and with Zed's help on posting Ricoh's Goose's Guide is very much appreicated from myself, unlike others that dont even say "Please or Thank You". on this forum. Once again a big Thanks to Zed for posting the link on here......... Sorry how many people thanked him again?????

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Speaking as an independent tech, getting any kind of support from Ricoh is nearly impossible so the Goose Guide always comes in handy. I have bumped your reputation and posted a like for your post with the Goose Guide Zed.

Many thanks!