Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Light copies on mp3500 and 4500

Has anyone else had a lot of problems with light copies on these machines?

vsp at first slighty out get it back on track and still the copy is slighty faded. For a fourth generation of machine that doesn't make sense but yet again Ricoh have changed the toner But by now normally there are loads of rtbs.

What do others do? We have been changing the Dev and vacing out all the rest of the units and changing the td sensor.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I actually hold the consistency of density levels on these models in high regard.
    The only thing I see a fair bit is insufficient fusing which does make prints look patchy in soild areas.
    Changing the paper type setting from 'normal' to 'middle thick' (82-105gm / 22-28lb) does the trick though.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Light copies on mp3500 and 4500

I concur with DAZ. this new family from mothership RICOH runs quite well.As for the light copies ,havn't had that occur. Have had the fusing issues though.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

tonyd

light copies

i agree and touch wood these are one of the best machines i have worked on! we have had a few issues with light copies and when performing the bulletin for the laser shutter firmware this seems to have sorted them out although we did have one machine that we tookthe laser shutter off and for 8 months machine has been fantastic!

tony

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Sorry MP not MPC.

Ah yer some of these do suffer with light copies as did the older models.
    I setup a brand new MP4500 the other day and first copies out were light.
    It's a werid issue though as some of them do the opposite and overtoner and run dirty.
    But still it's disappointing as you would expect these issues to sorted out by now.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

tonyd

oops

sorry me too!!! i thought it said mpc!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jeffreyozz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Has anyone else had a lot of problems with light copies on these machines?

vsp at first slighty out get it back on track and still the copy is slighty faded. For a fourth generation of machine that doesn't make sense but yet again Ricoh have changed the toner But by now normally there are loads of rtbs.

What do others do? We have been changing the Dev and vacing out all the rest of the units and changing the td sensor.
    As far as light copies go, force toner into the dv unit, then reinitialize the td sensor, which should hold the quality. Light copies on these machines throughout the generations has been very unlikely, although from time to time the quality goes at pm time. If this is happening out of the box then I would try the force toner option and see how that works once the td is set.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Light bands with toner going everywhere but the copy.

Caused by dev sleve getting damaged. Due to we presume the pcu above damging it when being removed without slide the screw over.

Sridhar

ID Sensor check/clean

May be it would good idea to check / clean the ID sensor which can be accessed by removing the drum unit and opening the side right door. In the event this sensor is contaminated or malfunctioning, it would detect a poor patch resulting in light copies. Invariably the problem associated with the sensor will be contamination of the sensor with toner or dust which can be sorted out by cleaning. Once the cleaning activity is carried out, the toner concentration is to be set and TD sensor calibration is to be carried out to retain the toner concentration.

All the best......
    Sridhar

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    We have a new machine at a customer site doing the same thing. It had problems out of the box. It is an issue with the developer entrance seal (mylar located above the mag roller) becoming deformed (usually curled up or under). We have replaced the mylar three times, and the problem always returns. (Drum unit was inserted/removed correctly with dev unit slid over, so improper drum unit insertion is not the problem here.) There is contact somewhere between the units where there should not be. Have even had the regional Tech Rep for Ricoh look at it. They are going to replace the entire dev and drum unit on the machine. Don't know if that will resolve the problem or not as we are still waiting on the parts. I am also issuing an e-alert through Ricoh regarding the problem. If enough people have the problem, hopefully they will address it.