Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Afficio Mp3030 error code sc995

Did you actually re-input the serial number? I know of one a while ago that give someone SC995 if you didn't put the first letter of the serial number in as a capital letter.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George_H View Post
    Dear Gift

there is no sub code for SC995, no sub code displayed on the machine screen, and no subcode listed in the service manual for Aficio 3030 MP,
    for another models you could be right, but not for Aficio 3030 MP
    the serial Number stored in the NV Ram matches the one listed in the data plate
    Sorry - I was referring to the documentation postet here before. Now I checked back the serive manual myself and got a different description for that SC code:

I don't have an english manual but freely translated it says that there's been a mismatch between the controller board and the engine (board?). This can happen if someone replaces a board for the 3025 instead of 3030 or if the DIP switch settings on these boards are wrong.

George_H

I recheck the serial number that is already saved ( i did not entred it myself) , it is correct and matches the one printed in the factory Data Sheets that come with the machine.
    i Re-checked the Dip Swiches, they are in the correct positions.
    I Re- Cheked the CBU Board Type, it is the correct Board Type of Aficio 3030 MP
    Kindly note that the board worked properly when i moved it to another 3030 MP machine, but when i installed new BCU in the promlematic copier, the SC 995 poped up again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

According to the parts manual there's just one BCU board available, so no chance to confuse anything.

But there are quite a few controller boards available:

B215 5305 Controller Board 25CPM (B205)
    B215 5306 Controller Board 30CPM (B209)
    D006 5305 Controller Board C4.5 25CPM (D007)
    D006 5306 Controller Board C4.5 30CPM (D008)

And two different NV Ram:

B195 9590 NVRAM - Zero Counter (B205/B209)
    D007 9590 NVRAM - Zero Counter (D007/D008)

I'd say you have either not the right NV ram installed or a wrong revision of the controller board. Sometimes the parts number is printed on a label you can find on the controller board (unfortunately this number isn't always compareable with the parts guide number). You should first find out the product code of your machine (B205/B209/Doo7 or D008) - I think it's written on the serial number plate as well. With this information you could try to figure out if the correctcontroller board revision is installed.

You could also compare the code with the other machine you've used for testing. In case both product codes are the same AND the controller board might be the issue you should get the same error if you try installing the controller board (including NV rams) of your SC995 machine into the machine that shows no SC code. So if the issue moves you'll know that the controller board or the nv rams must be causing this. To determine if it's maybe just the NV Ram you can swap these first since it's less work.

George_H

My copier is up again
    the problem was in a switch in the SBCU board, it was in the wrong position !!! ( a switch that its bank contains only two switches, i Think it is switch 103)
    thanks everybody, talk to you in my next thread.

manoreth

I have seen many codes that I couldn't find the problem. Turning the machine on while holding down the # and * key forces the machine into a self diagnotics mode Whyen finished it will print a report. The printout will show a different code. fix the code instead. Ignore the centronics port error, it shows up on every machine.