Question Functional error SC290 on Ricoh Aficio MP C3000

I have a Ricoh Aficio MP C3000, I checked the toner motor clutch drive for the black toner. So I removed all the boards at the back to gain access to the toner drive assembly. After I re assemble the machine I got this functional error SC290. Can you help me what this error mean? And what to do to fix the problem.
    COBRA

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Functional error SC290 on Ricoh Aficio MP C3000

Defective shutter close sensor
    �� Disconnected or broken harness
    �� Defective shutter motor
    �� Defective shutter
    �� Shutter motor overload
    �� Defective IOB
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician

HI

Replace the shuter motor, even that work.
    A litle wear on the white o wheel on the sensor actuator,causes the sensor is not actuated.

I hope it was useful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

There's a harness with connection that tends to become loose if you turn away the controller box. Simply remove the left cover like if you want to gain access to the laser and then check all harness in that area from laser unit towards controller/rear section. I can't imagine that the shutter mechanism is bad if this SC occured appeared right after the work on the backside of the machine where you can't interfear with that mechanism.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Functional error SC290 on Ricoh Aficio MP C3000

Lightbulb Re: Functional error SC290 on Ricoh Aficio MP C3000

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

trottinbob

I have had a few shutter problems on these units in the past. Since the unit is approx 5 years old now and you were checking for a toner related problem I would be suspicious of toner leaking down on top of the laser unit causing friction with the open/close of the shutter mechanism. Also, when the B230/B237 first came out there was a firmware update (April 2007) to the engine (V1.11.01) for the shutter not opening correctly.

Check out this found in the Ricoh Global Knowledge Base (FAQ ID 94641)(Answer ID 96308)
    [Symptom] SC290 (shutter does not close) and SC293 (shutter does not open) occur. Even if the shutter is opened and closed repeatedly in OUTPUT mode, it cannot be reproduced.
    [Cause] When the device is left for long periods of time in a low temperature environment, the write unit (the black molding) cover shrinks, the slide load on the shutter and shutter stabilizing screw (shoulder screw) increases, and SC290 or SC293 occur because of the shutter malfunction.If it occurs on a steady basis, it is possible that the open/close motor and open/close sensor is faulty.
    [Resolution]
    Remove the top screw (1) of the write unit, mentioned below.

You can maintain slideability even when the mold components have shrunk due to low temperatures by removing one screw.

Do not lubricate the shutter's shoulder screw with grease. (There is a possibility that an abnormal image might be caused by dirt on the toner shield glass.)

After setup, there is no problem with removing the screw because the device will not be shipped; however, in consideration of the problem of shaking when shipping the product (the risk of changing the shape of the shutter, cracking the shutter unit and molding, and similar problems), we plan to respond by changing the width of the screw hole (shutter unit) from 6 mm to 7 mm as a long-term resolution.