Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 3228 loosing memory, when switched on after a few hours

Hi

Please can someone help we have ricoh 3228c and 2228C that are loosing memory sometimes after days and sometimes when switched on after a few hours, has anyone got ideas how to fix this problem. There must be a back up battery I have looked on some boards but cant see any battery. Each time memory is lost we have to re-enter the values. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 3228 loosing memory, when switched on after a few hours

What memory? Fax settings only or service mode/user tools values?

Most values exluding fax are stored in the NV ram on the controller board. There are different types of NV ram used by ricoh over the years - some don't need a backup battery, some have one inside the housing. I can't recall wich one is used in the 3228 but this sounds like the NV Ram is faulty. There are also settings stored on the HDD like adress book so it really depends about wich kind of values we are talking.

Technician

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The setting we have to mainly re-enter are related to colour displacement, will this be the Nvram on the BICU board or the controller board . Thanks for your help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

IS that the same machine with the black/dev issues?

The setting we have to mainly re-enter are related to colour displacement, will this be the Nvram on the BICU board or the controller board . Thanks for your help
    So you have issues with the color registration? I'm afraid none of these components are faulty if that's the only data getting lost. More details would lead to better answeres here - there are plenty values aiming to different possibilities here.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. The setting we have to mainly re-enter are related to colour displacement, will this be the Nvram on the BICU board or the controller board . Thanks for your help
    I've had the NVRAM battery fail before (big flat one on top of the NVRAM). you can buy a replacement battery from Maplin (Similar, not the same) and with a bit of tape to insulate it plus a couple of wires, solder it to the terminals of the existing battery. The polarity and voltage are marked on the original battery. The one I did lasted a couple of years (end of machine contract).