Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Scanrouter with 2008 SBS

Hi,

One of our customers have upgraded their server to 2008 SBS and cannot get Scanrouter to work for their 2022. They're trying FTP for now but would prefer Scanrouter. SMB isn't working and there's no firmware to support 2008.

Has anybody got Scanrouter to run on a 2008 SBS Server?

Chris

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Scanrouter with 2008 SBS

Good luck with that one. Best to take Stewie's grenade to Scanrouter, even if it's the Pro version.

Stick with the FTP route, or, if that's not acceptable, perhaps a small NAS; they're quite inexpensive these days.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Scanrouter with 2008 SBS

What don't customers understand about NO LONGER SUPPORTED...that was 5 years ago.......
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

ScanRouter existed to solve an issue with equipment that is now past its retirement date. Granted, the 2022 is still a rock solid box for the most part, but technology has marched ever onwards. Microsoft doesn't support Windows 2000 anymore, why should Ricoh be expected to support a piece of software from the same era? Maybe the admin can set up an XP VM to work as a scan destination and house it on the server, or even take an old workstation for the same purpose and just sandbox it to keep it accessible only internally.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

I am well aware that it is no longer a supported product and yes, in an ideal world the customer would have consulted us first and upgraded their machine.

However, in reality it's the same old story of the customer sorting out their IT equipment and then blaming us because the copier isn't compatible from a scanning point-of-view. My initial reaction was "It won't work" but I did read somewhere on here that somebody had got it working. That said, it's probably not going to be very stable and I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything else.

I'm going back to them with an "FTP only, I'm afraid" reply, I think.

If only customers would allow as much financial clout for their input/output devices as they do for the server then our jobs would, I'm sure, be a whole lot easier.