Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Ricih Aficio 2045 locked on add toner screen

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    X3 on the mylar paddles falling off. I've seen this too many times.
    X4 on the mylar paddles..there are two very common things that cause this. 1 is the old toner bottle cap left in the chuck, you checked that..next step is the toner paddles... rarely..and I mean very rarely is it something other than those two things.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

x5 on the paddles, unless I was already included in the previous 4.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricih Aficio 2045 locked on add toner screen

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    x5 on the paddles, unless I was already included in the previous 4.
    You were
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You were
    Ok, just checking, like I'd check the paddles if I had this fault.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    Ok, just checking, like I'd check the paddles if I had this fault.

Ok I checked the paddles today and they're all in tack no problem. Checked for the correct toner bottle its, also correct. Also
    checked and found that the toner motor is not turning. Manually dumped toner into the developer unit and after 2 dumps
    and toner loading cycles it satisfied the system and came to the ready condition and I was able to make copies.

Now my question is the toner motor fused? Or how do I tell if its the toner motor, main board, or power supply? Since manually
    toning up the developer worked tells me the density sensor and ID sensor are working I think. Suggestions anybody??? Keep in
    mind machine has 301k on it.

Replace the motor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Its been awhile but I had this problem ounce and if I remember right it had something to do with a savin board installed in a ricoh and the display was showing wrong messages. Sorry I cant remember exactly but maybe make sure the main board and keyboard are the correct ones.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Ok I checked the paddles today and they're all in tack no problem. Checked for the correct toner bottle its, also correct. Also
    checked and found that the toner motor is not turning. Manually dumped toner into the developer unit and after 2 dumps
    and toner loading cycles it satisfied the system and came to the ready condition and I was able to make copies.

Now my question is the toner motor fused? Or how do I tell if its the toner motor, main board, or power supply? Since manually
    toning up the developer worked tells me the density sensor and ID sensor are working I think. Suggestions anybody??? Keep in
    Pull out the toner supply unit, cheat the front door and use the output mode to turn on the toner bottle motor. If it doesn't turn, it's bad.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

My opinion is that thread is way too long to fit the problem . The clicking noise is likely from broken gear teeth in the toner motor unit. Change the toner motor unit. (But for piece of mind, you could disassemble the unit and inspect the gears.)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Ok now, if you can do a forced toner then you have eliminated the toner motor as an issue. That leaves the TD sensor, if it has failed it may well indicate that it has enough toner all of the time. Check sp2223 (Vt display), it will tell you the current output voltage of the TD sensor. It should normally be somewhere between 3-5v. If it reads '0' it will not add toner. You can try switching to pixel count as a final test, that will take the TD sensor out of the picture and calculate toner level mathematically (2-208 set to "1"). If it works, replace the TD sensor or better yet the entire dev unit. The ID sensor is for the drum measurement (Vsp density patches), I'm not sure how that would affect things if it reads low density but the TD sensor reads enough toner. I'm exhausted by this thread, just sayin....