Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    andyricoh

Jam code J057 on MP7001 /RT43 LCT

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone has had this J057 jam code before. I have it on 5 machines in the same location. It relates to a 'LCT Feed SN: Lag'.

I have replaced all the LCT feed rollers and the torque limiter, and the sensors but still occurring. The jams cam happen at any time during a run. sometimes it will jam after 30 or 40 pages, and other times i can run 1100 with no issues then suddenly 'J057'. I have tried various paper suppliers, so paper is ruled out! the only thing I can put my finger on so far is that Ricoh changed the LCT feed rollers a while ago having the drive gear no longer attached to the roller barrel. The old rollers dont seem to be available any more but I would love to get hold of some just to rule out the new ones. If anyone has a solution to this or anything similar I would love to hear from you.

Regards to all

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Jam code J057 on MP7001 /RT43 LCT

This is a long shot, but the attached tech bulletin describes how LCT's manufactured before June 2009 are not compatible with the D062 series print speed. It requires an EPROM update. Maybe the LCT's on your machines had been stored in the warehouse for awhile before being used, worth a check.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    This is a long shot, but the attached tech bulletin describes how LCT's manufactured before June 2009 are not compatible with the D062 series print speed. It requires an EPROM update. Maybe the LCT's on your machines had been stored in the warehouse for awhile before being used, worth a check.
    I'd say that's bang on. I copied this form the Goose Guide. I'd say the EPROM is much more likely than 5 bad sensors.
    JAM CODE 057 LCT feed sensor (lag) - Make sure RT43 has the B4735155 EPROM on the main board.
    JAM CODE 057 LCT paper feed sensor (lag)--check LCT paper feed sensor

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

I have been fighting this problem for a month. Make sure the have a B473-57 LCT. I had 3 other LCT's and tried just swapping the chip(B4735155) according to the FEB, but that did not fix it. You could try a new LCT main board(B4735142A). I think that would work because I do not see anything else that is different in the LCT. Hope this helps.

Technician

Unhappy Re: Jam code J057 on MP7001 /RT43 LCT

I have the same problem i dit change the mainboard to the new number, but i still have the issue.
    if anyone have a solution that will be great. i`ve also change nearly all parts in the LCT.
    And i the same pattern, it run 1000 without jam, then 10, then 200.
    Nothing is impossible for them who should not do it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Have any of the feed stations in any of these LCT's been modified with the whole need feed station assembly?

What they did was get rid of that putrid star shaped drive gear assembly and made it like the feed assembly from a Bellini/Katana LCT feed station. I have done this modification many times and it has fixed a bucket load of jamming issues from the LCT.

The modification includes some new drive shafts and some one way gears/bearings.

Technician

Yes, i know about this modification, it`s an old one, it came on the 2051 models. And it`s done.
    I know that the LCT is an old one because our sales guy did only change the machine, and left the LCT and finisher on site
    My next shot was a new, but there seems to problems with them too or what?
    Nothing is impossible for them who should not do it.

I have had this too. Several machines in one premises had us on a wild goose chase because the fault seemed to follow one particular lct, but then they worked fine back at our workshop. Cutting a long story short, it was the paper. A reputable brand (with a rival manufacturer`s name on it!) was not separating properly as it left the lct. Also the users were loading it upside down which, when corrected, seemed to make a significant difference. Its worth trying a different brand of paper out.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'd say that's bang on. I copied this form the Goose Guide. I'd say the EPROM is much more likely than 5 bad sensors.
    JAM CODE 057 LCT feed sensor (lag) - Make sure RT43 has the B4735155 EPROM on the main board.
    JAM CODE 057 LCT paper feed sensor (lag)--check LCT paper feed sensor
    I have 3 MP C6501's with large lct's that is doing the same thing????