Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    3228C Skew from top tray

3228C Skew from top tray

This machine was fine except for it needed a new transfer cleaning blade. After installation of the blade the copies/prints are skewed from the top tray. The bottom tray seems okay. I'm not sure changing the blade would have caused this but I'm not 100% sure.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: 3228C Skew from top tray

Hi there!
    Had similar problem the cause was not enough settingpowder on belt & blade. Had to change the blade again, thank God the belt was not damaged.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    3228C Skew from top tray

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Had similar problem the cause was not enough settingpowder on belt & blade. Had to change the blade again, thank God the belt was not damaged.
    Greetings...
    Yeah, I thought it could be that as well. I actually took the whole cleaning unit out and tried it without it and it was still crooked. I wonder if the belt is on cocked now though... hmmmm. I run over and take a look... Also I took the blade out of another machine that came in that just had the blade changed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    One thing: There´s a wax-bar in the cleaning-unit. If it´s too used then it´s best to order a complete new unit. We´ve had it 3 times that the bar looks like a shark´s jaw & on 2 of this units the plastic-hook for the blade-pressure breaks.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    3228C Skew from top tray

If it's only skewing from top tray then it must be 'tray related", and just coincidental that you were replacing the blade....small obstruction in paper path/ rollers need clean/replace, etc.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    If it's only skewing from top tray then it must be 'tray related", and just coincidental that you were replacing the blade....small obstruction in paper path/ rollers need clean/replace, etc.
    I agree - and if it's not the paper path of the 1st tray: Check the side fences, I think these are made of metal and like to bend away, especially the rear one if you fill up the tray with paper and smash he tray back in the machine.

If these machines start skewing with all trays it'S usually the black roller that is running above the transfer belt at the bottom/right location near the paper registration.