Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mpc3500 win 7 pro smb scanning wireless?

I have mastered win 7 pro smb , no prob, got the fix and all is well, but, i have to have the client hard wire his or her lap top when they are in the office, it will not connect using the wireless access.
    does anybody have a fix or something in the wireless rtr that needs to be config? like firewall? but i can see the wrk grp, but not connect i get the "cant find path,check settings" msg..
    Im thinking there is a wireless 128 enkrypt? or something that has to be configd?in the wireless rtr?
    or is it at the laptop in the wireless prpties? cant find anything that points to a problem..
    any help would be great
    Thank you

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: mpc3500 win 7 pro smb scanning wireless?

Should make no difference at all.
    Only thing I can suggest is if there are other wireless networks/routers within the office/ range of the laptop, that it is connecting to rather, than the proper router that the copier is attached to. It's happened to me on a couple of occasions.
    I would suggest that they probably have different routers for the hard wires (or wall jacks) and wireless, and they are in conflict

As an after-thought.... When wirelessly connected, can you print and/or ping the machine. If not then, then that's definitely the issue. If you can, then I'm out of ideas

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar

agree w/sandmanmac ping command is your friend, they r probably on a different wired/wireless network. is it an air/cellular card they r getting on wireless with? must be a local network. also if they r plugged into a cheesy switch try power cycling it, i have had instances where i can ping but no print/scans.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

Technician

good advice will

Both above reply are soild you may also try looking to see if the router is port blocking it

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'll bet you've already tried, but just in case - try using the IP addy instead of the computer name.

I don't even check if using the name will work anymore. I guess I should because I'm always waiting for the IP to change & create another trip. So far, so good.