Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP5500 duplex jams at B2 gate

Re: Ricoh MP5500 duplex jams at B2 gate

Yes, I replaced it when I replaced the reg. roller drive motor.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

i have the same problem with an 8001 - tray 1 jamming only, t2,t3, bypass ok. jamming in reg section. Im going back with my supervisor as im stuck. Yes ive read about the clutch and yes its for the bypass as i snapped it off getting the reg back into the machine Its had new feed tyres, new dev unit, new feed stations but only tray 1 jamming in the reg section? I caught mine early with a dev leak but it got me confused as its only tray 1 jamming. If i find out before you i'll post back as it may help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    i have the same problem with an 8001 - tray 1 jamming only, t2,t3, bypass ok. jamming in reg section. Im going back with my supervisor as im stuck. Yes ive read about the clutch and yes its for the bypass as i snapped it off getting the reg back into the machine Its had new feed tyres, new dev unit, new feed stations but only tray 1 jamming in the reg section? I caught mine early with a dev leak but it got me confused as its only tray 1 jamming. If i find out before you i'll post back as it may help.

that sounds like the dev unit is leaking into the tray 1 feed mech get new dev unit and new tray one feed mech my guess is its done 2m copies or there abouts

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    that sounds like the dev unit is leaking into the tray 1 feed mech get new dev unit and new tray one feed mech my guess is its done 2m copies or there abouts
    ? if your refering to my 8001 then read my post again.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    The dev leak can bugger the 1 way bearings in the Reg section as well. Tray 1 may tend to jam more often in this case as there is less time for the reg / relay sensors to react after paper feed (?). Is the registration jumping even slightly from T2 / T3? Does altering the reg buckle from T1 improve things?

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Yes, I replaced it when I replaced the reg. roller drive motor.
    Sorry to bang on about this but was it the paper feed control PCB low down behind the WTB you replaced or the DRB Higher up just behind the edge of the BCU / Control box?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No banging at all-I appreciate the help! I replaced the board that the reg. motor plugs into, by the bicu board, right behind the controller board. there is no dv leaking on this machine at all. it's very clean. going there in a few hours for more fun!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    If the machine runs forever on single-sided without jamming yet jams almost immediately on duplex then it has to be an issue with the duplex unit transporting the paper back into the machine for the second side or the machine thinks that there's a problem.
    It also could be the fuser and/or carriage. A flat-spotted pressure roller will screw up duplexing, although I tend to agree with LG on this one. It doesn't sound like a registration area problem.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok, so I went back yesterday with an even older copier guy than myself, age wise and experience wise. He punched in 85 duplex copies and they ran fine-go figure. Maybe humidity did have something to do with it last week? Anyway, he felt that the reg. mylar (the black vertical one)was the problem(Llama God). He formed(bent) the mounting plate towards the duplex unit just a bit and we ran 200 more. I initially had looked at those and actually bent the plate above that mylar downward, which holds the other mylar at about a 45 degree angle, so that the black one couldn't get pushed behind the other one. Also, replacing the whole reg. assembly and immediately having the same issue threw me off.

I guess the moral of the story is keep it simple stupid! I will be checking and adjusting, or replacing, these mylars in the future. Thanks for all of your ideas and input, I greatly appreciate the help.

Happy Fourth of July to all!

And Cheers to anyone in GB!l (Bob's your Uncle!)